Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

On my way....

This is a discussion on On my way.... within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; ......... to pay my respects to a man that accepted me into his family. Don Crouse. I got word yesterday ...

Leading Puffer Fish CGAR Girl-cl's Avatar

On my way....

......... to pay my respects to a man that accepted me into his family. Don Crouse. I got word yesterday that he passed. It's a little hard of course, death is never easy. You can't help but wonder what to say, do, or well just anything. He leave behind his wife (a truly beautiful and loving woman), his daughter, two grand daughters, and his son (who followed his fathers footsteps into the military - still serving today- and who I know he was proud of).

He served his country, loved his family, and always had a way of bringing his own touch to the conversation. This world has lost a genuine person, one who will be remembered and loved.

Off to NC to hopfully not cry, I dont think Don would want that. He lived a full life, enjoyed many experiences, and now looks down at us with that sparkle in his eye and smile on his face.

Here's to you Don. Thank you for letting this me enjoy your family. See you when the time is right. I light my best and pour your drink.. Misty and coke. I enjoy them for you.
    A well behaved woman has never made history
    ~~~Guess Im destined to make history.~~~

Elder Puffer Fish Leader mrgatorman's Avatar

Sorry to hear about Don...Sounds like the loss is most definately a hard one. Good man...sorry to hear about that. Ill llight one up in his honor.

Puffer Fish with many spikes Wunderdawg's Avatar

Thjoughts and prayers sent.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving may not be for you.

Puffer Fish with some spikes ByrneBrew's Avatar

Sondra you and the family are in our thoughts..
    "Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again." ~~~ Robert A. Heinlein

I'll light one in his honor. My condolences to the family.
    "Gentlemen, there is liquor that needs to be drank and cigars that need to be smoked, I suggest that we get to the task at hand".

prayers sent,and good thoughts are with you
    "The end of a good smoke is a little saddening. In some regard, it's a bit like losing a best friend who had time to sit and listen."

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes azpostal's Avatar

My prayers to the family and you

Leading Puffer Fish CGAR Girl-cl's Avatar

Up in NC now. I had no idea what all happened. Apparently he woke up early to take medication (a breathing machine and such) at some point passed out. Unfortunately his wife was the one to find him. She is holding up well, (she is a very strong woman), son is there, daughter in from Germany, and son in law (also military) is flying in from Iraq today I believe. She's surrounded by people which is great. She made the comment yesterday that she had no idea he had so many friends as the phone kept ringing and people coming to the door. And it hasn't been posted in the paper yet. Trying times, and stress for the son who now has to step up and take care of all the details that were not planned for. Makes you think about things really...........
    A well behaved woman has never made history
    ~~~Guess Im destined to make history.~~~

Sorry to hear about Don.
    HOLLAR if you smell my smoke!

Full grown Puffer Fish aracos-cl's Avatar

Out thoughts and prayers are with you and yours...

I'll be lighting up that Opus X I was saving in his honor tonight...

Alpha Puffer Fish

Sorry to hear of the loss of a dear frind. Condolences to the family, have a safe trip kid, see ya when you return.
    Inactive member

Young Puffer Fish Jimmie The Mum's Avatar

Prayers sent your way. Sorry to hear about your love one.
    Jimmie The MUM

Sorry for your loss, prayers are sent your way.
    I have made it a rule never to smoke more than one cigar at a time....Mark Twain

My condolences...May the get together be a time of remeberences and healing.
    "Come on, Old Man, I've smoked since I was 5. Mother insisted".........Gomez Adams

No longer a community member.

Sorry to hear bout this......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast