Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

This really sucks!

This is a discussion on This really sucks! within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I stepped off my porch yesterday evening, my ankle buckled, and I heard a POP! Went to the doctor this ...

This really sucks!

I stepped off my porch yesterday evening, my ankle buckled, and I heard a POP! Went to the doctor this morning and it appears to be a bad sprain. The wife and kids are out of town and I had some big plans to hit the town tomorrow night! This really sucks! I guess I will sit on my porch, take my pain medication, and smoke some really good cigars. My buddy is going to fire up my grill since I cannot get around too well. I guess it won't be too bad, but I was looking forward to a few margaritas and seeing a few of my friends I have not seen in a while.

I pray it heals FAST! I do not want to use all my sick and vacation time for something like this....
    HOLLAR if you smell my smoke!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Re: This really sucks!

Good luck getting well soon.

Eeep! I hope it doesn't limit you too much. Getting around on crutches really gets old. I was on crutches for three months once. Talk about suck.
    For all the kids who'd rather flame than talk, I refuse to post.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Doogie's Avatar

get well sone

well looks like your not suppose to go out.

I did something similar in December..they put me in an "air cast" so that I could still wear sneakers ... worked well for me, though 3 months later I still get sore early in the morning and toward the end of the day. Best of luck and Aleve is your friend!

Dang! That bites!

But if your buddy is a stand up guy, he will show up with a wheelchair in his van and off ya go!

Wheelchairs win - Funny Pictures - Cats - Funny Pics

Remember, ice for 20 minutes, no more, no less. gotta reduce the swelling so repeat once an hour.
    2 or 3 advil at the same time this morning, then no more. That way you can drink in about 5 or 6 hours without wrecking your kidneys...
    Dafiddla
    "What Could be Finer, than a Spanish Cedar Liner?"

No longer a community member.

That's bull....

Same thing happen to me last year at the exact same time. Sit outside grab your favorite smoke, read something you like!

For a better healing repeat the process everyday for at leat 2 weeks, worked for me!!!!!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by DBCcigar View Post
    I stepped off my porch yesterday evening, my ankle buckled, and I heard a POP! Went to the doctor this morning and it appears to be a bad sprain. ......... I do not want to use all my sick and vacation time for something like this....

Hey David, how is your pin coming along?

Can you walk to your B+M allright, or did you have to cut it off?
    Dafiddla
    "What Could be Finer, than a Spanish Cedar Liner?"

Leading Puffer Fish Sweet_Cigars's Avatar

OK let me get this right....

Pain medatiion
    Friends
    Grilling
    Cigars

Sounds awesome to me!!!

Hope you get better soon but that sounds like my kinda night.
    "The candy man can,'cause he mixes it with cigars And makes the world taste good" The Candy Man

I am my brothers keeper! slyder's Avatar

they do make margarita machines for the home now!!! have your buddy go grab one at target!
    I am my brothers keeper.