Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Just as I thought things were mellowing out

This is a discussion on Just as I thought things were mellowing out within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by havanajohn Prayers are being sent, Andy. If you need anything just post it we all will be ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish cummins2500hd's Avatar

Re: Just as I thought things were mellowing out

Quote Originally Posted by havanajohn View Post
    Prayers are being sent, Andy. If you need anything just post it we all will be there when needed.
    Seconded
    - Matt
    "Live, Love, Smoke"

Here is an update. They did a MRI this morning and the prognosis was not good. It seems that they found a mass in his liver and another one in his colon. Tina, my wife, is a nurse and from what they are telling us is that the brain is usually not were the cancer originates, but is the last spot it appears. We will know more hopefully later today.

How do you tell a ten year old that idolizes his father, and a fourteen year old that has been saying "I wish he would die" that there father is dying. Jason, fourteen, did not mean it. But you know he will take it personally.

Tina just left for the hospital to lend support. I have to tell you that this is weighing heavily on me. I'm glad that I have Puff as a tool to help me get through this. Thank you guys for the support.
    Last edited by Cigar Man Andy; 06-10-2009 at 02:03 PM.

Anything I can do, I am here. I have lost family members the say way. It is extremely hard!!
    - Matt
    "Live, Love, Smoke"

No matter how hard it is (and it will be extremely hard on everybody) you have to shot straight with the kids! If not they will never forgive y'all. Just be strong in front of the kids, be strong for them. When they are not around do whatever you have to do to deal with it. And we are all here for your family!

I am saddened to hear that you are all facing this additional painful challenge Andy.

I will pray for Jerry’s healing and for you to receive inspired words to try and reach Jason.

As you know, he really needs your help and divine help too, to understand that his teenage angst is not responsible for Jerry’s illness… and to achieve restoration in his relationship with Jerry.

Peace, strength and wisdom be with you Brother.

Sincerely, Phil
    Last edited by fiddlegrin; 06-10-2009 at 03:40 PM. Reason: punctuation

My thoughts and Prayers are with you Andy in your time of need.
    "A cigar ought not to be smoked solely with the mouth, but with the hand, the eyes, and with the spirit." Zino Davidoff

We told the boys about their dad. We did tell them about the tumor in his brain, but did not tell them just how serious it was yet. Jerry is scheduled for a liver biopsy tomorrow and a colonoscopy on Friday to see if it may be operable. Also they are trying to bring down the swelling of the brain to see if brain surgery is worth while.

This is bringing our family closer together and by telling them about their father. They are leaning more on Tina and me now.

We will find out more tomorrow afternoon.

My thoughts and Prayers are still with y'all. You are doing the right thing by the boys, sounds like they are very lucky to have you Andy!

God bless you and your family.
    - Matt
    "Live, Love, Smoke"

Full grown Puffer Fish tattoofreak's Avatar

I'm sorry to hear all this my thoughts and prayers are always with you and your family. I know what your family is going throw its hard thing just be there for each other and you always have you friends here for support if you need us.

The family and I will be pulling for Jerry and his family we keep them in are prayers.
    Have your wife or girlfriend check this out.
    http://www.scentsy.com/flameless4u

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2