Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just as I thought things were mellowing out

This is a discussion on Just as I thought things were mellowing out within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Just as I thought things were mellowing out, I got a call from my wife. She was pretty upset. Her ...

Just as I thought things were mellowing out

Just as I thought things were mellowing out, I got a call from my wife. She was pretty upset.

Her ex husband, the father of our boys, had not been feeling well. Over the past eight years Jerry and we got pretty close. He's a great father and a great guy. Jerry became a father again at 51 and we all thought he was exhausted. He didn't look good when I saw him on Saturday. I told him to go to the doctors for a couple of weeks, but he said that he had an appointment on the 15th. I told his wife she should take him to the ER.

Anyway, She took him to the Emergency Room yesterday and they found a mass in his brain. They have been checking him out all night. Now, Jerry is a cameraman for CNN and pretty sharp, but he has been confusing everything including his son's names.

Apparently it is a large mass, affecting his memory. Anytime you have brain surgery, it's dangerous, but this one is located in a very dangerous spot. They have been trying to relieve the pressure in his head all night.

I know I have asked a lot from you all, my brothers and sisters, but now we need your prayers and thoughts for Jerry, his wife and the boys. I pray that he pulls through this. I totally believe in the power of prayer, and have to stay positive. I will keep you all posted.
    Last edited by Cigar Man Andy; 06-10-2009 at 08:52 AM.

Re: Just as I thought things were mellowing out

I will keep him in my prayers, sorry to hear about this after what you went through recently.
    Fight the Resistance. Join the SOUL EDGE Army.

That's awful news Andy. My thoughts are with Jerry and your family.
    The world is a better place when the Buffalo Bills are winning.

Active Duty US Army youngjackdaddy's Avatar

I'm sorry to hear that Andy. My thoughts and prayers are going out to him, yourself, and your families. I hope everything turns out for the best.

Jack
    Prost!

Leading Puffer Fish Sweet_Cigars's Avatar

My prayers go out to Jerry and his family. You could never ask for to much around here Andy.
    "The candy man can,'cause he mixes it with cigars And makes the world taste good" The Candy Man

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish cummins2500hd's Avatar

My thoughts and prayers.......
    - Matt
    "Live, Love, Smoke"

Thoughts and prayers sent....
    HOLLAR if you smell my smoke!

prayers sent...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

I am sorry to hear this. I will be praying for his recovery.

Full grown Puffer Fish NJ Stogie King's Avatar

I will certainly pray for Jerry, your wife and the boys!!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish ashmaster's Avatar

Andy....I very sorry to hear this. Positive thoughts and prayers sent to Jerry and the entire family. Please don't even think about "asking to much", we are all here as a community and will do what we can to help each other out.
    "A cigar ought not to be smoked solely with the mouth, but with the hand, the eyes, and with the spirit." -- Zino Davidoff

Thoughts and prayers sent
    Really that's a cigar in my pocket, honest......

Have Played For Cigars Blindjimme's Avatar

Thoughts and prayers sent for everyone.
    "To call this a 'Cigar Collection' kind of gives the impression that I don't intend to smoke each and every last one of these cigars. Which I do. - Ron White

Sorry to hear this, my thoughts and prayers will be with all of you! Anything you need Andy to be scared to ask!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader havanajohn's Avatar

Prayers are being sent, Andy. If you need anything just post it we all will be there when needed.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy sh*t what a ride!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast