Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Diabetes

This is a discussion on Diabetes within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; For those of you keeping tabs we have some good new and some bad news. The good news is that ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes stu929's Avatar

Re: Diabetes

For those of you keeping tabs we have some good new and some bad news.

The good news is that we got some tests back and my dad does not have mersa, which he has had in the past. This is a HUGE piece of good news, he has become very resistant to antibiotics and if he had gotten mersa it would have been very difficult to get the infection out of his system.

As for the not so good news, his foot that was heavily infected is getting better but they took him in this afternoon to operate on it again as it is showing signs of infection in another area of his foot. He should be out of OR in a few hours and we will get a little more info.

Thanks again to all of you that have been thinking of him!

Steve

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes cp478's Avatar

thank you for the update!

good news on the mersa, let us know whats going on later okay.
    Corporal Punishment!

Thoughts and prayers sent your way....
    HOLLAR if you smell my smoke!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader havanajohn's Avatar

Steven. Thanks for the update. Glad to hear about the mersa. Our prayers go out to your family in this time of another operation.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy sh*t what a ride!"

I wish you and your father the best of luck. Both my parents are diabetic and so are both of theirs, so some say its only a matter of time before I must deal with it. My parents have had it for a long time and have learned to manage their lifestyles well, so they have a pretty good grip on the disease. Knowledge is definitely power when dealing with diabetes.

Full grown Puffer Fish tru_rocknrolla's Avatar

That's encouraging news! I wish you and your family the best.

"I find your lack of faith..disturbing."--Darth Vader

Thanks for the update Steve!

Thoughts and prayers sent.
    Dafiddla
    "What Could be Finer, than a Spanish Cedar Liner?"

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish KINGLISH's Avatar

I wish you all the best. My farther and I are diabetic. My dad is not doing well at all. My prayers are with you!

Puffer Fish with some spikes stu929's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KINGLISH View Post
    I wish you all the best. My farther and I are diabetic. My dad is not doing well at all. My prayers are with you!
    King,

Thank you for you concerns and thoughts. Im sorry to hear your father is not doing very well right now. My thoughts and prayers will be with him as well.

As fo everyone else that has been keepings tabs thank you all for you concern on the matter.

Sadly most of the good news has dried up and we learned this evening that barring a miracle they will be taking my dad's foot this friday. They did another Op today to access the progress of the infection and it does not seem to be getting any better. As a result they removed several more bones from his foot due to damage/infection remaining in them. They did not say they would definitly be amputating is foot on friday but they did warn us the outlook is very bleek and that he needs to be prepared for it as it is the most likely outcome now.

He is telling us that he has excepted it and is ok but he has always been one to internalize things and not admit whats going on in his mind. He is refusing pain meds and therefore in a lot of pain. He is also refusing to visit with a counsellor to talk about the surgery. It appears he is becoming more withdrawn more depressed but refueses to talk to anyone around him.

We will continue to hope for that miracle the doctors mentioned but are weary of getting our hopes up.

Thank you again to all those that have sent your warm wishes and thoughts during this time.

Steven

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes cp478's Avatar

my entire family is keeping your dad in their prayers!
    Corporal Punishment!

Sorry to hear the bad news Steven! I know its hell watching a parent battle an illness, do your best to keep your head up and keep trying to get through to you dad.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish KINGLISH's Avatar

Keep your head up Steven! I will pray for him!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2