Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Prayers please

This is a discussion on Prayers please within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by txemtp69 SO as an update from the visit to the surgeon. He's positive its a hydrocele ( ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish carpenter's Avatar

Re: Prayers please

Quote Originally Posted by txemtp69 View Post
    SO as an update from the visit to the surgeon. He's positive its a hydrocele ( A hydrocele testis is an accumulation of clear fluid in the the most internal of membranes containing a testicle) not a hernia, still requires surgery. Thats not weighing any better on my mind but I just want my son better. Surgeon says usually within 24 hrs the lil kiddos are usually playing like normal and won't have any real ill effects from the surgery at that point.

Surgery scheduled for the 14 of next month and we will go from there. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.
    That is great to hear that they figured out what is wrong. I have been in the same type of situation with my son so I know how tough it is. Just have faith in the doctors.

Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Prayers to you. Kids are tough. Good luck to you and your son.

Full grown Puffer Fish txemtp69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strickland View Post
    That's a lot to deal with all at once. Keep your chin up and remember that's nothing is as bad as it seems. The hydrocele news is good to hear - they're quite common in babies (and I seem to remember that they usually go away on their own(?)). Good thoughts and positive vibes on the way, regardless.
    The surgeon did say that in most kids they do resolve on their own but in some cases it requires surgery. He said due to the size of the hydrocele it definately needs surgery.

Appreciate the good thoughts and vibes

Prayers to you and yours.

I know what your going through, it sounds like exactly what happened to my son at about the same age. Changing his diaper one night I noticed the same thing, it turned out to be a heria. Poor little guy had to have surgery. Just remembering it chokes me up. Make sure you ask a lot of questions about anesthesia (sp?) because my boy didn't react well to it after the surgery..he was really lethargic for a few days.
    Does he have ear tubes? My son had multuple ear infections and ended up getting tubes. Hang in there brother!

Full grown Puffer Fish txemtp69's Avatar

ok here we gooooo!
    My son had surgery yesterday and all went well. He did fine all the way through til they wouldn't give him his sippy aftreward and was mad as hell lol. We got him home and by the early evening he was wanting to go outside and play.

He pretty much acted like he didn't even have surgery. Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. Very much appreciated. My wife and I were definately stressed over it but it all turned out well.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Reino's Avatar

Great news Keith! Glad it worked out well!

Glad to hear the great news!!
    Wilson Roa (aka: Will)
    www.wilsonroaphotography.com

Great news Keith!
    Dale

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Hannibal's Avatar

Great news Bro!! Continued prayers that the recovery goes well.

Full grown Puffer Fish Strickland's Avatar

Wonderful, Keith! Great news!
    Mah blog! -->

Woohoo! God Bless!

No longer a community member.

Good luck! My best friend had a hernia and had to have one testicle removed when he was about 4 or 5, He's ROTC now and healthy as anyone. It's more common than people realize, and may seem like a huge deal cause it's your kid but he'll be ok! You did a good job noticing and getting him checked out!

Damn Keith, thanks for keeping us updated. Much appreciated!
    Cars, Smoke, Homebrew, Wet Shave and a Fountain Pen. Gentlemanly pursuits.

Great News, God Bless!!!
    Being willing is not enough, we must do. - Leonardo da Vinci.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2