Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Prayers please

This is a discussion on Prayers please within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Prayers or blow sme smoke rings to the tobacco gods if thats what you do. It seems you should never ...

Full grown Puffer Fish txemtp69's Avatar

Prayers please

Prayers or blow sme smoke rings to the tobacco gods if thats what you do.

It seems you should never as k what next as you will likely find out. Early January my wife had to be taken by ambulance to the ER for irregular heart beat. She is on some meds and trying to decrease caffiene and get more sleep (good luck with a 13 month old teething). My grease trap and septic system started having issues. My daughter got the flu and was down for the count for a week. My son well he's teething, the daycare keeps flipping out over him having a fever off n on. As some of you know I was taken to the ER from work (in my own ambulance none-the-less) due to some sort of virus and was severely dehydrated. Several bags of IV fluids later and some meds I'm back up n runnin.

Here's the kicker, changing my son's diaper the other day I notice one of his testicles is swollen, he doesn't seem to be in any pain from it, but it's like 3 times the size of the other. My wife's family has long history of cancer, her brother having lost a testicle to cancer at the age of 14 (think 14 at lteast) my first thoughts were oh shit. We go to the doctor, he says it may just be a hernia, but it could be something else. Wants to do an ultrasound and surgical consult, to top it off he has ear infections. The day my son is spose to go to the doctor I get off work and my back goes out (this is why you don't ask what next), locks up on me bad. I can't move. My wife is 35 miles away at work has to get off early come get our son and go back 35 miles to the children's hospital for the ultrasound. The tech is super vague about it, calls a doctor in there and the doctor says well maybe a hernia or a hydroseal. They don't really answer any of my wife's questions and say she'll have to talk to the pediatrician about it. Yesterday I get a call from the pediatrician's office say we need to move the surgical consult up a week, I ask why and she says let me get the doctor. WHAT THE **** just answer the question. So the doc gets on the phone and says the ultrasound was inconclusive but they think it's either a hernia or hydroseal. The hernia is what he still thinks and will require surgical repair. Now we hae to wait til monday for the surgical consult (better than 2 weeks as it was before) but has us concerned as to some very vague answers and moving up of dates and the such. I hope the surgeon has lots of time cause I have a huge list of questions. Hoping its nothing major and whatever it turns out to be he heals quickly. So all I ask from my fellow BOTL is for some thoughts and prayers for my lil guy.

Sorry for the rambling I just needed to get this off my chest.

Not Here

Re: Prayers please

That is a lot to have on one's shoulders at one time brother. Good thoughts and well wishes going out for the entire family.
    BIA!!!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish carpenter's Avatar

Sorry to hear all that. I will be praying for all of you.

Thoughts and prayers sent brother. Things will get better
    I can't complain, but sometimes I still do.
    ―Joe Walsh

Puffer Fish with many spikes mike91LX's Avatar

wow thats a lot to take in all at once. hope everything works out for you brother. good luck

Keith, you've been through alot and I actually have no idea why, but these things ALWAYS comes in a flood. Never one at a time. My prayers are with you and your family. I'm sure the little guy is tough and hope for all the best brother.

My prayers will be with you and your family. Keep your head up brother!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Reino's Avatar

Keith,
    We will pray for you and family. Hope all turns out well with your son. It is a lot to deal with but keep your head up and keep the faith!

Thanks for the well wishes, thoughts and prayers. We have an appointment with the surgeon tomorrow for the lil guy so hopefully we will have some sort of answer. Again thank you all fro the thoughts and prayers

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family my brother.
    Being willing is not enough, we must do. - Leonardo da Vinci.

God bless and keep the faith
    If you F-up, man up, take responsibility for your actions

SO as an update from the visit to the surgeon. He's positive its a hydrocele ( A hydrocele testis is an accumulation of clear fluid in the the most internal of membranes containing a testicle) not a hernia, still requires surgery. Thats not weighing any better on my mind but I just want my son better. Surgeon says usually within 24 hrs the lil kiddos are usually playing like normal and won't have any real ill effects from the surgery at that point.

Surgery scheduled for the 14 of next month and we will go from there. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.

Keith, I'm damn sorry to hear this. Your Wife and yourself would be scary enough for anyone, I can't imagine waiting for your child to be better. Keep your head up and know that your family is in the thoughts of many, my house included. Good luck for you and your family buddy.
    Cars, Smoke, Homebrew, Wet Shave and a Fountain Pen. Gentlemanly pursuits.

Full grown Puffer Fish Strickland's Avatar

That's a lot to deal with all at once. Keep your chin up and remember that's nothing is as bad as it seems. The hydrocele news is good to hear - they're quite common in babies (and I seem to remember that they usually go away on their own(?)). Good thoughts and positive vibes on the way, regardless.
    Mah blog! -->

Keep your head up pal, things will be better.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast