Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please say a prayer for friend.....

This is a discussion on Please say a prayer for friend..... within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; A friend and co-worker is going in on Monday to have his leg, midcalf, surgically removed. He was in the ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader piperdown's Avatar

Please say a prayer for friend.....

A friend and co-worker is going in on Monday to have his leg, midcalf, surgically removed.
    He was in the Navy and there was an accident where he caught his foot between the dock and the ship. He's been out for about 7 years, under 30 yrs old, and has finally decided he can't handle the pain or medicines any longer. Hellava great guy that's borne more pain over the years than I can ever imagine. After the past six months of having the electronic stimulator cranked to the maximum he made the decision to have it removed.
    He's a friend, a husband and a father to 3 boys. Surgery is never easy so.....
    Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers this coming week!

No longer a community member.

Re: Please say a prayer for friend.....

You got it Eric, Give him my best and Thank him for his service for me, I will be Praying for him!

Scotch & Cigars

Thoughts and prayers will be with him and his family.

Sorry to hear this Eric.

I certainly wish the best for your friend Eric. It's always terrible to hear such stories especially when they involve those in the military.

Thanks guys. It's never easy seeing friends or relatives going through this type of thing.
    I wish I could take this burden from him but I know I can't and somehow my expressions of "good luck" and "hope everything will turn out okay" seem to be inadequate.

Quote Originally Posted by piperdown View Post
    Thanks guys. It's never easy seeing friends or relatives going through this type of thing.
    I wish I could take this burden from him but I know I can't and somehow my expressions of "good luck" and "hope everything will turn out okay" seem to be inadequate.

Words are never enough, You just being there for him is bro!!

I'm a chaplain at an orthopedic surgery hospital. I see people in that kind of pain and it isn't easy. He's in my prayers.

Full grown Puffer Fish fishkilla's Avatar

He will be in our thoughts and prayers. Tell him thanks for serving this great country.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Prayers sent there are no words that can lift your friends burden. GOD be with him and carry him in his time of need!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Many THANKS to all of you. I do believe we've got him on multiple prayer lists. I'm hoping to visit him on Tuesday and will be following his progress late Monday afternoon.

Tony, your message was uplifting to say the least. I appreciate the reminder, as sometimes when life is weighing you down, you forget that God's love lifts you up.

Prayer up, from another ex-Navy Vet.
    Dale

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by piperdown View Post
    Many THANKS to all of you. I do believe we've got him on multiple prayer lists. I'm hoping to visit him on Tuesday and will be following his progress late Monday afternoon.

Tony, your message was uplifting to say the least. I appreciate the reminder, as sometimes when life is weighing you down, you forget that God's love lifts you up.
    Footprints in the Sand
    One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky
    In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there was one only
    This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord,
    “You promised me Lord,
    that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand.Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”
    The Lord replied, “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you!
    Mary Stevenson, 1936
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

He is in my prayers and so are you, keep the faith and stay strong for him and his family, also thank him for his service.

Tony that was beautiful, well done.
    If you F-up, man up, take responsibility for your actions

I really like the "Foot Prints in the Sand" story as it paints a picture that few of us really know or are aware of. Life is hard enough when we think we walk it alone but such is not the case and glad he's got a friend in you Erich that you can come here and ask us for thoughts and prayers in his behalf...that being done we hope his time from now on will be bearable and not having to deal with that kind of excruciating pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
    I really like the "Foot Prints in the Sand" story as it paints a picture that few of us really know or are aware of. Life is hard enough when we think we walk it alone but such is not the case and glad he's got a friend in you Erich that you can come here and ask us for thoughts and prayers in his behalf...that being done we hope his time from now on will be bearable and not having to deal with that kind of excruciating pain.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast