Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Captain Lisa Jane Head - Bomb Disposal Regiment, British Armed Forces

This is a discussion on Captain Lisa Jane Head - Bomb Disposal Regiment, British Armed Forces within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I'm not a Brit, and I hope this is ok for the forum since I've never posted in this section ...

Captain Lisa Jane Head - Bomb Disposal Regiment, British Armed Forces

I'm not a Brit, and I hope this is ok for the forum since I've never posted in this section before.

Capt Lisa Jade Head, from 11 Explosive Ordnance Disposal Regiment, Royal Logistic Corps, died at Queen Elizabeth NHS Hospital, Birmingham, on Tuesday.

The 29-year-old, of Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, had been injured on Monday.

She becomes only the second female member of the UK armed forces to die in Afghanistan in nearly a decade.

It's understood that when she began dealing with the minefield a bomb was triggered, and the force of the blast knocked her off her feet. Uninjured, she returned to her task only to be severely injured by a second blast. She never recovered from those wounds, and died in hospital.

Full link: BBC News - Female UK soldier dies in hospital after Afghan blast

I just thought her sacrifice deserved some recognition. I cannot even begin to imagine the courage it takes to be in her field, and my thoughts and prayers are with her family and the rest of her squad.

Lil Fish w/ Explosives bombsquadmike007's Avatar

Re: Captain Lisa Jane Head - Bomb Disposal Regiment, British Armed Forces

My thoughts go out to her family, and I thank her and her family for their sacrifice. I know the stress being an EOD tech myself and have had 3 tours myself. Farewell sister.