Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

my dad has me scared big time!

This is a discussion on my dad has me scared big time! within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Alright everyone, some of you may already know that my dad is in the early stages of alzheimers. He is ...

No longer a community member.

Unhappy my dad has me scared big time!

Alright everyone, some of you may already know that my dad is in the early stages of alzheimers. He is 83 now. Well, for the past few weeks, he has been getting more and more disoriented, almost no balance what so ever, and lately has been really confused, and slurring his speech.

I thought he might be having a stroke today, so I made my mom take him to the hospital this afternoon. It turns out that he has an advanced uti infection. I guess this can cause stroke like symptoms in elderly ppl.

So, here I sit @ the hospital still tonight, he is very combative, wants to go home, calling me all kinds of bad names, cuz I won't let him out of bed to go home. But he has been deemed a fall risk by the nurses, and fell once when my mom and I weren't here. They said he needs a sitter for the night. I have a reeling its gonna be me, cuz my mom just can't handle it.

He has me scared to death right now. I've never ever seen him like this before. It's taring me up right now. Guess I'm gonna do whatever I need to do now, with his best interest in mind.

Thanks for hearng me vent right now.
    Please keep Bill O'NEILL in your prayers tonight. We really need it.

Thanks puff family.

Re: my dad has me scared big time!

Prayers on the way...

Phil, hang in there buddy. It's never easy to see the ones we love get older and have serious health problems. Be strong for him and the rest of your family. Thoughts and prayers coming your way.
    I can't complain, but sometimes I still do.
    ―Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyp4 View Post
    Prayers on the way...
    +1 you got it

Elder Puffer Fish Leader NoShhhSherlock's Avatar

I hope he is ok phil. Keep us updated, I would rather be a sitter for my dad then have someone else there.

Puffer Fish with many spikes

You have my thoughts and prayers

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish ko4000's Avatar

Prayers sent. Hang in there Phil
    This is my Signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.

Scotch & Cigars

Thoughts and Prayers are with you and your family Phil!

Stay strong.

Hang in there Phil

I've been somewhat in your shoes with my father in the hospital and had to "tell him like it is" and it was tough but in his best interests. I think he is starting to get seenile or early early alzheimers....

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your Dad.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish dr.dirty's Avatar

Man good thoughts and prayers sent your way brother

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes fivespdcat's Avatar

Phil,

You, your family and your father will definitely be in my prayers. My family went through this with my Grandma a few years back. If I can give you one good piece of advice: enjoy the good days, you can't get em back.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

You and yours will be in mine daily...PM sent.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Reino's Avatar

So sorry to hear that Phil.
    I have been threw something similar but yet worse and is not easy.
    As you said you have to have his best interests at heart even though he knows no different.
    It is a very hard thing to go threw as I have been there but yet makes us stronger in the end. I know it is not easy now.
    Praying for your Dad, You and Your Family.

Your Dad is certainly in my prayers Phil. But as are you and your family because these will be hard times ahead and you'll need to be strong for many. It's always tougher when something happens to our Fathers because we've seen them as "superheroes" when growing up.

No longer a community member.

Prayers Phil
    Just remember bro it's not Dad talking right now I know it's hard to see that but really with this disease it's very sad but Please remember it's not your dad saying that stuff. Your a good son brother. Hang in there!

God bless!

Dave

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast