Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

So... 100 MPH winds?

This is a discussion on So... 100 MPH winds? within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Well, I'm not nervous or anything, but we're getting hit with a storm capable of 100 MPH winds and quarter ...

Civilian Mr. Clean Who Killed Thursby?'s Avatar

So... 100 MPH winds?

Well, I'm not nervous or anything, but we're getting hit with a storm capable of 100 MPH winds and quarter sized hail in about 15 minutes - they just had the sirens going off for 5 minutes.

I don't have a basement, so I'm just heading out to the man cave for a beer and a cigar, hopefully I'll be back!
    "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." - Marcel Proust

Puffer Fish with some spikes chrisw17's Avatar

Re: So... 100 MPH winds?

Good luck! ...and if you don't make it back, I hope you're smoking something good!

Quick, take your cigars to a safety deposit box. Good luck bro, and enjoy that stogie.
    People say motivation doesn't last ... neither does bathing. Thats why we do it everyday.

Light your best and enjoy it, it is a good excuse.

Hope all is well.

It's about 5 minutes away now, we've heard the siren 3 times in the last 10 minutes. Got a La Aurora 1495 burning.
    "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." - Marcel Proust

Seeking better shelter, this is intense.

Yea, I would seek shelter. I got stuck in a Freightliner in 85mph winds in Wyoming once. Not fun at all.

Well, that was less then portrayed. We've got lightning strikes about every 10 seconds, but almost no wind. I'm safe and all, smoked my cigar under a balcony watching the storm.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Evonnida's Avatar

Glad to hear you're okay!

Puffer Fish with many spikes dyieldin's Avatar

I have seen some great storms there. Saw a tornado where the power plant is now years ago right before we went to the basement.We were about a milea way and I saw scared as hell.
    How about the guy who wanted "A Cuban" I told him we have an embargo. He said "OK I'll take one of those".

Elder Puffer Fish Leader David_ESM's Avatar

The thunder storms over here are pretty pathetic. Even the "big" ones are nothing compared to smaller ones I have seen in the midwest.

Now snow storms is a whole nother story...
    Sir Reverend David_ESM Esquire, Bomb Squid Extraordinaire, the all knowledgeable one, Grand Poobah, Korean Pop Hipster, Butt Dryer, Douchebag... M.D.

Glad you didn't get to see anything worse Benjamin - to whomever is in charge - Please ease up on THE DEADLY WEATHER - we are trying to be good!

Quote Originally Posted by dav0 View Post
    Glad you didn't get to see anything worse Benjamin - to whomever is in charge - Please ease up on THE DEADLY WEATHER - we are trying to be good!

In the immortal words of Homer Simpson, "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there please save me Superman!"

We had a bad storm like that in May where I live in KS. Not sure how bad the lightning was, but it did cost me a new roof. Glad to hear you made it through the storm.