Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EOD Wounded Warrior

This is a discussion on EOD Wounded Warrior within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Hey guys. I'm going to ask that tonight you say a special prayer for a friend of mine and his ...

EOD Wounded Warrior

Hey guys. I'm going to ask that tonight you say a special prayer for a friend of mine and his family. SFC Aaron Causey, EOD, was conducting dismounted Counter-IED operations in southern Afghanistan and was injured when an IED detonated while he was working on it. SFC Causey has been MEDEVAC'd and is on his way back to Bethesda Naval Medical Center. He has lost both legs above the knee and has several other injuries but is in good spirits. He will be reunited with his wife and mother upon arrival in the states.

I served proudly with Aaron in Iraq during the Surge and he is a consumate professional. This is just another part of the personal toll this war takes on servicemembers. Aaron is a very strong man and has a wonderful relationship with God. The world is a better place with warriors and patriots like SFC Causey.

Please keep him and his wife Kat in your thoughts and prayers as he begins his recovery process.

SFC Thomas Hennig
    United States Army Explosive Ordnance Disposal
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Re: EOD Wounded Warrior

Damn it saddens me to hear this! I help Vets that are disabled all the time! As sadly our government chooses to shy from their responsibility's! My Prayers are with all of you fine brave young men! That pay the ultimate price for our freedom!

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

No longer a community member.

You got it Thom!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes CALIFORNIA KID's Avatar

he and his family are in my thoughts and prayers

EOD, those guys are bad ass and I hate to hear that someone with so much knowledge and skill is taken out of service.
    disclaimer: I am a just a guy with too many cigars and too many guns, what ever I say is probably wrong. PM me if you are in the 916 and want to herf

Prayers sent brother.
    “I can't complain, but sometimes I still do.”
    ―Joe Walsh

Lil Fish w/ Explosives bombsquadmike007's Avatar

Hoo Ya brother, you deepest regrets. I hate seeing any techs getting hurt. I did two tours through those mountains and I'm sorry to hear about anyone getting injured. I sit here pushing kids out the door to their units and off to there and I regret only having a short time with them and not giving them what they really need to know. Well I'm sure he will bounce back and as always make the crab proud!

BE SAFE BROTHERS!!!

Positive thoughts and Blessings going his way...and as always
    Prayers sent for all in harms way.
    Stay Strong...God Speed

On their way from Andrea and myself
    BELIEVE IN YOURSELF:Because the rest of us think you're an idiot.

Absolutely brother. Sorry I'm so late to the game on this one.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -Benjamin Franklin
    http://www.imagekind.com/artists/nealw6971

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

Me too, don't know how I missed it before. Will do!
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes CALIFORNIA KID's Avatar

How is his current condition?
    disclaimer: I am a just a guy with too many cigars and too many guns, what ever I say is probably wrong. PM me if you are in the 916 and want to herf

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes sweater88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CALIFORNIA KID View Post
    How is his current condition?

for a serviceman
    "Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets"-----Ron Swanson

Scotch & Cigars

just saw this, sending prayers his way.

Just an update on Aaron....

He's finally been moved out of ICU. He still has several more rounds of surgery and healing to go through before they think about fitting and measuring him for his prosthetics. He is still not onto solid food yet but tries to take in as much of the shakes that they give him.

His wife has been by his side the wholetime in MD. There are so many great charities that have stepped up to help his family and Aaron recover. He still has a long fight ahead of him, but I'm confident that he will pull through and continue to do amazing things.

Thanks for the support and helping me deal with it too. I'll be sure to let him know just how many people are pulling for him when I go and visit him after my deployment. You guys are the best.

Thom
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

No longer a community member.

Thanks for the update Thom!
    My prayers continue daily and sometimes multiple times per day. You got one thing wrong it is Aaron, guy's like him and you who are Great Men. I thank you for this again and again! I am Honored you call me friend!

Dave

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast