Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Please say a prayer tonight......

This is a discussion on Please say a prayer tonight...... within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I know that today is the 10 year anniversary of a major tragedy for this fine country, but I am ...

Playground Legend angryeaglesfan's Avatar

Please say a prayer tonight......

I know that today is the 10 year anniversary of a major tragedy for this fine country, but I am asking all who read this to also say a prayer for my family and more importantly my town and surrounding areas in Pennsylvania. We just experienced the worst flooding since many people I know have been alive. I live in an elevated area, by no means a flood plain, and my basement was completely flooded. I had roughly 5-5 1/2 feet of water in it, and lost many things. But I also know that many people lost their entire homes, businesses, and livelihoods due to this devastation. My personal possessions can be replaced (including the roughly 200 cigars I lost, but did manage to save roughly 400 of them), but my family is safe and sound and that is what is important. I just ask for your thoughts and prayers for those that were affected. Now after pumping water and going through things for the past 3 days, I'm going to smoke and recover!!!

Leading Puffer Fish jdfutureman's Avatar

Re: Please say a prayer tonight......

Barry will do and hang in there. I've been seeing the issues your dealing with on the news. Be safe.
    "Stay thirsty my friends" -- The Most Interesting Man in the World

Puffer Fish with many spikes CaptainBlenderman's Avatar

Blessings, Barry. That's got to be rough...I heard you guys got hit pretty hard. Past tragedies are still tragedies but we have to keep concentrating on what is happening now and when brothers are in need, that's when caring people step up. Thanks for letting us know and we certainly will thinking of and praying for you and yours.
    "Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, experience often comes from bad judgment."

With Him all things are possible. I will send a special prayer for your family and the families affected around you.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

No longer a community member.

You got it a Man! Be safe as possible and God Bless!

Scotch & Cigars

Hang in there buddy! Wish you and your family the best during these times.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes......unfortunately got more bad news today. We now need to replace our furnace AND hot water heater due to the water damage....the hits just keep on coming! I must say though that it is nice to take a couple minutes at the end of a long day and come on here to read up on all of the shenanigans and whatnot of Puff. This forum truly is a welcome refuge from everyday life and issues! Thanks again BOTL!! Now it's time to smoke another and relax.....

Ouch!

Sorry to hear that Sir.

Thoughts and prayers lifted your way.

Thank you for setting such a fine example of bravery and gratitude, even in your trying circumstances.

Sincerely, Dafiddla

Dafiddla
    "What Could be Finer, than a Spanish Cedar Liner?"

Barry, sorry to hear about your troubles. I know that a lot of people out your way took a big hit with all of the storms.

To lighten the mood a bit: I'll let you take a hot shower at my place as long as you don't mind driving 4+ hours to get here.
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Quote Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
    Barry, sorry to hear about your troubles. I know that a lot of people out your way took a big hit with all of the storms.

To lighten the mood a bit: I'll let you take a hot shower at my place as long as you don't mind driving 4+ hours to get here.
    Andrew, I always know I can count on you! Only if you have some more Illusiones to smoke! Did get some good news.......apparently it's good to have friends of friends who work in the HVAC industry. We have had numerous offers to help install and general help around the house. It's actually been a little overwhelming! Thank you again for all the well-wishes, they are greatly appreciated!

PS-in the confusion of all the mess and destruction, I forgot to tell you guys the funniest (in my mind) part of the whole ordeal. My wife, while walking out of our neighbor's house after looking at her damage, slipped going down her steps and broke her foot in 3 places. She is in a cast up to her knee and may need surgery. My wife is not the sit around and do nothing type, so she is getting irritated and anxious, and guess who bears the brunt of that! She is like a female Napoleon right now, barking orders left and right......wish me luck!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Quietville's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by angryeaglesfan View Post
    Andrew, I always know I can count on you! Only if you have some more Illusiones to smoke! Did get some good news.......apparently it's good to have friends of friends who work in the HVAC industry. We have had numerous offers to help install and general help around the house. It's actually been a little overwhelming! Thank you again for all the well-wishes, they are greatly appreciated!

PS-in the confusion of all the mess and destruction, I forgot to tell you guys the funniest (in my mind) part of the whole ordeal. My wife, while walking out of our neighbor's house after looking at her damage, slipped going down her steps and broke her foot in 3 places. She is in a cast up to her knee and may need surgery. My wife is not the sit around and do nothing type, so she is getting irritated and anxious, and guess who bears the brunt of that! She is like a female Napoleon right now, barking orders left and right......wish me luck!

How could you leave that part out? I will REALLY be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers now. (but seriously, I will.)

Quote Originally Posted by Quietville View Post
    How could you leave that part out? I will REALLY be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers now. (but seriously, I will.)
    It must have just slipped my mind ..... and my wife found out today from her orthopedic surgeon that she will need surgery next week. She won't be able to put any weight on her foot for 3 MONTHS! I saw the x-ray today and, needless to say, it wasn't pretty. It's going to be a very busy rest of 2011 for me!

Thanks for the well-wishes and prayers all! Keep them coming because it looks like I'll be needing them!