Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Paul the tobacmon needs our prayers!

This is a discussion on Paul the tobacmon needs our prayers! within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; As Dave said good to see you posting, keep your head up bro' we're still thinking and praying for you....

Re: Paul the tobacmon needs our prayers!

As Dave said good to see you posting, keep your head up bro' we're still thinking and praying for you.
    The Krazy Kanuck

Quote Originally Posted by smelvis View Post
    Next time you call I'll give you a 2nd number that is with me 24/7
    Be Well Paul.

Dave
    OK Dave I'll try and reach you this weekend or call me so I would not wake you, etc..

You be well also brother!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by WyldKnyght View Post
    As Dave said good to see you posting, keep your head up bro' we're still thinking and praying for you.
    Trying to do the best I can--hard to even smoke a cigar without thinking of my Chrisie.
    ViVat Jesus!

Went to pick up some things needed for jobs at work and a friend of mine, "fellow piper" rode along. He is very talented and well versed in the trades. He is a Glass Blower that told me he wished he could have hand blown a Glass Urn for me --- what a guy. His glass work is some great works of art.

Thanks Chad your a good friend and really appreciate your thought--means allot! Will meet with my priest so I can ask some questions on how I should move on from here. Looking to move because it brings tears to my eyes every time I enter this place that she built for us. I just pray for her everyday and night to tell her how she will always be in my heart, soul and mind.

Love you Chrisie baby!
    ViVat Jesus!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader primetime76's Avatar

Wow Paul...those "sketches" are beautiful. Glad you are still posting and keeping busy...you are in my thoughts bro!
    It is easier to ask for forgivness than to ask for permission!

I'm trying to get things in line for a move at the end of November. There is so many things to do. This has been the most hardest thing I've ever dealt with in my lifetime. Please make sure all of your affairs are in order and don't wait till its the last minute. Write things down that your significate other mention to you and don't take it lightly. I'm putting all of her jewelry & a gun I got her in a safety deposit box and will make decisions when the right time comes.

I'm playing in our Annual Law & Disorderly Golf Tournament today that will give me sometime away from the sadness that surrounds me. Chrisie would have wanted me to do this and have fun but the fun part will not happen anytime soon. Seeing many of my friends will help me threw this time.

I hope all is well with everyone here -- talk soon!
    ViVat Jesus!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader primetime76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tobacmon View Post
    I'm trying to get things in line for a move at the end of November. There is so many things to do. This has been the most hardest thing I've ever dealt with in my lifetime. Please make sure all of your affairs are in order and don't wait till its the last minute. Write things down that your significate other mention to you and don't take it lightly. I'm putting all of her jewelry & a gun I got her in a safety deposit box and will make decisions when the right time comes.

I'm playing in our Annual Law & Disorderly Golf Tournament today that will give me sometime away from the sadness that surrounds me. Chrisie would have wanted me to do this and have fun but the fun part will not happen anytime soon. Seeing many of my friends will help me threw this time.

I hope all is well with everyone here -- talk soon!
    Keep going bro! I am sure that you are doing better than you think. A day out with friends (and a stogie or two, I presume) should ease the pain...if only for an afternoon. Stay strong sir.
    It is easier to ask for forgivness than to ask for permission!

Puffer Fish with many spikes Athion's Avatar

Hey Paul, I just just stumbled across this thread today...

I lost my own wife (suddenly) 5 months ago, so I know what you're going through. Youre in my thoughts and prayers, and if there is anything at all I can do to help, just let me know. I know people say that sort of thing a lot, but I mean it. Just drop me a line if there is anything at all. Even if you just want to talk (I know you dont know me from Adam, but I mean it all the same.)
    Sometimes you're the windshield; sometimes you're the bug.
    - Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by Athion View Post
    Hey Paul, I just just stumbled across this thread today...

I lost my own wife (suddenly) 5 months ago, so I know what you're going through. Youre in my thoughts and prayers, and if there is anything at all I can do to help, just let me know. I know people say that sort of thing a lot, but I mean it. Just drop me a line if there is anything at all. Even if you just want to talk (I know you dont know me from Adam, but I mean it all the same.)
    So Sorry to hear of your loss also Adam---Its nothing I wouldn't give to have her back as I'm sure you have felt. Does it ever get easier or better to deal with? I was thinking today that in just 4 days it will have been a Month. Unreal to think that this much time has passed. I was going to sell some things but now I'm going to hold onto them until I feel the time is right to look at it again. Putting everything in a safety deposit box for safe keeping. I can't bring myself to doing anything with what was hers that meant everything to her. Things we got her together. She was my best friend, my backbone, my lover and the best thing that ever happened to me.

I Pray to her every day & night as that is the way I was raised and that will never stop just in case she needs to know I'm there thinking about her and missing her each day we are apart. I do believe that we will meet again some day and know she will be waiting for me when that days arises.

I think it helps me to type about it and appreciate all the members and friends here that let me express my feelings for her--that is what I appreciate the most. I thank you very much.
    ViVat Jesus!

Quote Originally Posted by primetime76 View Post
    Keep going bro! I am sure that you are doing better than you think. A day out with friends (and a stogie or two, I presume) should ease the pain...if only for an afternoon. Stay strong sir.
    Saw some friends that haven't seen me since my wife passed and they were there for me letting me know that if I need anything do not hesitate to ask. I had closest to the Pin on a long par 3 within 3 feet and this was the 2nd year in a row on the same hole--#15 197 yard par 3 at OV golf coarse. I needed this time and appreciate all my friends that made sure I was there.
    Last edited by tobacmon; 10-14-2011 at 08:42 PM.
    ViVat Jesus!

Scotch & Cigars

Stay strong Paul...thoughts and prayers are with you buddy. You sure have made me open my eyes to everyone around me and change the way I live with them.

Paul,

Over time the acute pain of missing her will start to ease up. You are probably still reaching for the phone to call her and you suddenly, excruciatingly, realize you can't anymore. Or turn to say something and she is not there... Ouch, that one really hurts.

That will lessen in time.

But you will never go a day without thinking of her and missing her. Nor should you. It becomes a bitter sweet longing/remembrance that is both painful and sweet. Because you never forget, she is always with you, in your heart.

Don't get caught up in asking why; why now, why her and not me.......
    You will only drive yourself crazy and there is no point to that. You will know someday.

Your faith can help you get through the very tough times, but I find it doesn't help too much with the heartbreak. Faith is of the spirit, and the missing of someone(who is really not gone, except physically) is of the mind.

Hang in there, be strong. She is there, just in another way.
    "The sky might not be falling but the clouds are rolling in and freedom is on the run." tpharkman ..,, "The future ain't what it used to be." Yogi Berra

Puffer Fish with many spikes Athion's Avatar

Arnie speaks the truth. For me the hardest days are the 5th of every month. That's the day that marks one more month without her. Sept 21 would have been our 16th anniversary... that was a rough day indeed.
    Almost every day something happens that I think to myself "I can't wait to tell Jess about this".. I had a hard time watching some tv shows, because they were shows we watched together, or they were shows she really enjoyed.

I didn't smoke a cigar for close to a month after she passed, but then my mother in law pulled me aside and told me that Jessica loved it that I enjoyed them.And that she wouldn't want me to just stop living. And she was right.

I have some really amazing Friends and Family that have really saved me these last few months.... They keep me busy and make sure I have a reason to get up every morning, and it sounds like you've got some good peeps in your corner as well. Trust me, they make all the difference in the world.

As for the "stuff" people leave behind? Well, Jessica's laptop is still sitting on the little table she put it on next to the couch where she was last working on it ... I cant bring myself to move it.

If it gets easier, it hasnt yet, thats for sure.

Oh, and I'm Mike
    Last edited by Athion; 10-15-2011 at 01:08 AM.
    Sometimes you're the windshield; sometimes you're the bug.
    - Mark Knopfler

Thanks Arnie / Mike for all the great help in understanding how to continue dealing with my grieving process. I am most grateful of the friends and family I have around me as if it were not for them I don't know what I would do.
    ViVat Jesus!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock31 View Post
    Stay strong Paul...thoughts and prayers are with you buddy. You sure have made me open my eyes to everyone around me and change the way I live with them.
    Changing the way you live Ray can only bring out the best in a person--WtG Brother!
    ViVat Jesus!

amnesiac with deja vu Nurse_Maduro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
    Paul,

Over time the acute pain of missing her will start to ease up. You are probably still reaching for the phone to call her and you suddenly, excruciatingly, realize you can't anymore. Or turn to say something and she is not there... Ouch, that one really hurts.

That will lessen in time.

But you will never go a day without thinking of her and missing her. Nor should you. It becomes a bitter sweet longing/remembrance that is both painful and sweet. Because you never forget, she is always with you, in your heart.

Don't get caught up in asking why; why now, why her and not me.......
    You will only drive yourself crazy and there is no point to that. You will know someday.

Your faith can help you get through the very tough times, but I find it doesn't help too much with the heartbreak. Faith is of the spirit, and the missing of someone(who is really not gone, except physically) is of the mind.

Hang in there, be strong. She is there, just in another way.
    Beautifully put, Arnie. I cannot think of a better way to say this, and everything you wrote is spot-on.

Paul, I'm sorry I missed this earlier. My thoughts and prayers are with both of you, and with Mike as well. The best thing you can do is to continue on in her spirit, and try to make each day better than the last, for you and for those around you. And, of course, know in your heart that she is waiting for you, and that you will be together again, when the time is right.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast