Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Brutus - Thoughts and Prayers

This is a discussion on Brutus - Thoughts and Prayers within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Just wanted to update everyone......I visited Brutus yesterday afternoon and again last night with my wife. His tail was wagging ...

Full grown Puffer Fish NJ Stogie King's Avatar

Re: Brutus - Thoughts and Prayers

Just wanted to update everyone......I visited Brutus yesterday afternoon and again last night with my wife. His tail was wagging a bit more, his temp was 101.2 and they had given him an appetite stimulant yesterday morning, but he only ate a small amount. They are going to begin treating him for the coccidia since his vomiting has stopped. I am really hoping that the vomiting has ceased especially since the coccidia is treatable only orally. The vet told us that he is "hanging tough!" Please keep well wishes and prayers coming! Thank you brothers!

I just wanted to let everyone know that Brutus came home last night! The vet felt that he was strong enough to come back home and released him back to us last night! My wife and I were so excited to say the least! He is on special canned i/d wet and dry food for the next few weeks as well as 5 different medications (pill form, tablet form and liquid form). He is going back to the vet in 2 weeks for a recheck just to make sure that everything is on the right track back to his health and happiness! He ate this morning and then about 10 minutes ago he threw up, but the vet said it was just us getting him to excited and playing with him and that we need to tone down his activity level. We were just so happy to have our new puppy home again! Please continue to pray that he makes a 100% recovery (the vet told us he is like 90% there), but I thank you for all of the well wishes and prayers that got Brutus over the hurdle!!

Definitely still praying, just give him the love he needs and deserves and he will make it through (just like you guys already have). I think you made the right choice. I am so glad for him and you guys. I will continue to pray for Brutus and his speedy recovery. Most people wouldn't have done what you did, so please pat yourself and your wife on the back for taking care of such a young dog. I am sure he will love you guys forever.
    Legion of BOOM!!! Enforcement Division.

Quote Originally Posted by zenom View Post
    Definitely still praying, just give him the love he needs and deserves and he will make it through (just like you guys already have). I think you made the right choice. I am so glad for him and you guys. I will continue to pray for Brutus and his speedy recovery. Most people wouldn't have done what you did, so please pat yourself and your wife on the back for taking care of such a young dog. I am sure he will love you guys forever.
    Thank you so much Andy! Your words mean a lot to me and I really appreciate all of your well wishes, information and prayers. Thank you brother!!

I am happy to hear that he is home where he belongs and is almost fully recovered!! my thoughts and prayers go out to the lil guy and i hope he gets well soon!!
    it is very admirable that you guys didnt give up on him like so many would have and i know down the line u will say it was well worth it!

Scotch & Cigars

So glad he made it home

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Prayers sent glad he is back home a feeling better!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

My heart is bleeding over this. I am praying and sending good thoughts for his recovery to continue.

God bless you and your wife for rescuing Brutus and giving him a new life. I am SURE that he knows what you two are doing for him; I have so much respect for your actions. Brutus may be going through some dark times right now, but this is when he needs you the most. He is so lucky to have a new chance at life and parents like you.

Hang in there Bro; he’s going to be fine.

Most are well aware of my families plight with my newly adopted puppy Brutus, Christine Yurgel and Pound Puppy Protection Rescue. If not… please see below.

My wife and I adopted (at the time) an 8 week old puppy from this “rescue group”. After 9 days our puppy was diagnosed with the deadly Parvovirus and spent 8 days in the animal hospital. We are the lucky ones who’s puppy survived; unfortunately there are families who’s puppies did not and are forced to teach their young children a painful lesson.

Christine gets the dogs for free from shelters in the south thru a transport network (which consist of volunteers who want to help animals); when done properly the dogs have interstate health certificates, are quarantined for at least 2 weeks after reaching their destination, brought to the vet and then adopted out.

Unfortunately, Christine’s puppies are “adopted” out hours or days after being transported. The litter our puppy came from was picked up on October 24th and adopted out less than a week later.

The story about Christine Yurgel broke December 6th after the NJSPCA formally charged her with 5 counts of animal cruelty. Her court date is December 21st at North Brunswick, NJ municipal court which I will certainly be attending.

NJSPCA Accuses Group Of Selling Sick Puppies

It is unfortunate that “rescue” groups such as this exist and it’s a shame its more common then we know.

Hopefully with the help of this petition, public knowledge and awareness more groups like PPPR will be shut down.

It is said, if you know seven people, you know the world. (Actually I believe that number has been decreased to 4.) I ask that each and every one of you forward this e-mail to your friends/family, group web-sites, facebook accounts, anywhere to get the message out and signed.

Please help by signing this petition to stop Christine and PPPR; no family should experience the pain, anxiety and emotional roller coaster inflicted upon by PPPR.

Animals Petition: Stop Christine Yurgel, "Animal Rescuer" Selling Parvo Infected Pups! | Change.org

A sincere heartfelt thanks from Brutus and family.

Just an FYI......Brutus is doing so much better! He is still not 100%, but he is strong and has a wonderful will to live! Thank you to everyone who has supported him and my wife and I through the deadly virus! Your prayers and thoughts are so greatly appreciate!
    Last edited by NJ Stogie King; 12-09-2011 at 11:06 AM.

Signed brother. Glad Brutus and Fam are doing well.
    Legion of BOOM!!! Enforcement Division.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2