Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Brutus - Thoughts and Prayers

This is a discussion on Brutus - Thoughts and Prayers within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Hi guys......my wife and I rescued (adopted) a baby pitbull/bulldog mix from a foster home 10 days ago! He is ...

Full grown Puffer Fish NJ Stogie King's Avatar

Brutus - Thoughts and Prayers

Hi guys......my wife and I rescued (adopted) a baby pitbull/bulldog mix from a foster home 10 days ago! He is 9 weeks old and we have fallen in love with him! Tonight he started vomiting and we decided to rush him to the vet to make sure he was ok! Come to find out that he has Canine Parvo and he needs to be hospitalized for 3-4 days! Only 10 days in our life and I am already lost without him in our home! I came home from the vet to find his toys on the floor, his bed empty and his food dish full from his uneaten dinner! I called the foster home where we adopted him from and she said that his two other brothers have Parvo as well. I ask any/all of you to pray that Baby Brutus pulls through this awful virus! It is very serious, but I feel that we caught it very early and hope that he is strong to fully recover! Please pray for him!

Disinterested

Re: Brutus - Thoughts and Prayers

Jonathan,

My heart goes out to you, brother and I sure do feel ya'. I live a life of perpetual terror that anything should ever happen to my beloved Jerry.

My thoughts and prayers are surely with you and Brutus. Glad you caught it early and I'm certain he'll pull through. It's a good sign that the vet took him in for treatment. If his condition were questionable, it's doubtful they would have.

All the best brother and stay strong.

prayers sent brother, no good deed goes unpunished....hope Brutus makes it home ASAP!
    If you F-up, man up, take responsibility for your actions

Disinterested

Oh, I forgot to mention, be sure you wash everything he's had his mouth on THOROUGHLY! Dishwasher is best, since the heat will kill everything. Any toys that aren't dishwasher safe, it's best to chuck and replace.

Good luck. Our four-legged companions are like family too. So hard to see them suffer.

Hope it all turns out well.

Q

Holder of the crazy chain Rackir's Avatar

All the best thoughts and wishes headed your way, as well as a PM.
    I find your lack of mailbox, disturbing.

No longer a community member.

Brutus be well puppy one of Gods better creations!

Thank you everyone for your words of comfort and prayers! My wife and I visited Brutus last night and he was in good spirits and his little tail was wagging like crazy! The doctor wanted to take him off of his IV today and start him on oral med's, but she said that he was a lot more mellow and tired today so she wants to wait. She is still optimistic regarding his recovery, however she wants him to not vomit at all (which he has not since Wednesday night) and to hold food and pass with a firm stool. Please continue to pray for Brutus and please pray that the Parvo roller coaster passes him and that he returns to the happy and healthy puppy life that he deserves!

Thank you for the info Don! I washed everything I could yesterday on the Sanitary setting on my dishwasher and in the washing machine. I already chucked his bed, blanket and a few toys and will just replace them like you said when he comes home!

Disinterested

Please keep us posted on his progress, brother. Still keeping those good vibes headed your way.

Thanks everyone! I talked to the vet this morning and Brutus is still in the hospital. He has perked up quite a bit, but he has not eaten since Saturday morning and his interest in food is next to none. He had explosive diarrhea for the past two nights and therefore the vet has kicked up the amount of IV fluids he is getting so that he does not dehydrate. We are still taking this situation day by day and prayers are certainly still needed. Thanks guys! I will keep everyone posted!

Praying for Brutus Jonathan. I know my dog when she is sick worries me a ton, especially since they cannot speak to us. Luckily you got him to the vet quick and I am sure they will get him back on his feet. Definitely keep us posted.
    Legion of BOOM!!! Enforcement Division.

I am being put into one of the hardest predicaments ever! I found out today that the vet bill is $1,850.00 thru tonight. It is $900 every 3 days to care for him and there is no set date as to when he is going to come home! I spoke to my wife today and we are both so stressed because we cannot afford this extreme bill! I don't know what to do!!

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Stogie King View Post
    I am being put into one of the hardest predicaments ever! I found out today that the vet bill is $1,850.00 thru tonight. It is $900 every 3 days to care for him and there is no set date as to when he is going to come home! I spoke to my wife today and we are both so stressed because we cannot afford this extreme bill! I don't know what to do!!
    I know that is expensive, but think about the pooch too. He is young, and has a long life with you guys ahead of him. It is definitely a tough decision, but I think him being so young you guys can really enjoy him and it will be worth it if you have the money. I ma sure the vet will let you make payments of some sort.
    Legion of BOOM!!! Enforcement Division.

You are right Andy! I have called the ASPCA, Petsmart and the lady we adopted him from! I am looking for any help that I can get! We knew that getting a dog was an expense, but I didn't think it would be this hard right from the start.....we have only had him for 10 days! It is such a horrible place to put a man.....between an animal and $. I already told my wife that we will do anything in our power to save him.....even if I have to work 3 jobs!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast