Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

It will be a somber Thanksgiving

This is a discussion on It will be a somber Thanksgiving within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; My Uncle Ronald (Ron) Pratt, has been battling cancer for a little while and its basically taken over his whole ...

It will be a somber Thanksgiving

My Uncle Ronald (Ron) Pratt, has been battling cancer for a little while and its basically taken over his whole body and has taken a turn for the worse. They are giving him strong antibiotics and other meds to try to slow it down some. They say if he doesn't stablize by Sunday, he will be basically put in a room at the hospital and put on a strong sedative to ease his pain till he passes. We aren't expecting him to make it to Thanksgiving.

He was trying to come down to see his brother (my Dad), my mom, me, my gf, and Satori (daughter) for the holidays. Looks like he won't ever get to see his great niece Satori or my gf. I've seen him once or twice when I was young, so I was looking forward to seeing him during the holidays. We weren't real close, he lives in New Jersery and us on the MS Gulf Coast, but stayed in contact over the phone regularly.

The thing that gets me is he is a little younger than my Dad who is 75. He lost his sister earlier this year and I don't think he will take this well at all.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers from my family and I.

Scotch & Cigars

Re: It will be a somber Thanksgiving

Sorry to hear Shawn, if there is anything we can do just say the word. If you need something local here in NJ let me know.

Sorry to hear this, Shawn. It's tough enough dealing with something like this but going into the holidays I'm guessing it will be worse.

If you need anything, let me know.
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Midlife crises Puffer mcgreggor57's Avatar

It's always tougher during the holidays. Our prayers are with you and your family.
    Tobacco Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/mcgreggor57
    Never trust a woman's tears or a dog's limp.

Sorry to hear this Shawn, prayers and thoughts sent to you and your family, God bless and keep the faith.
    If you F-up, man up, take responsibility for your actions

UPDATE!

THANKS to all who responded and put my Uncle in your prayers.

My uncle called and he is doing somewhat better. The meds have seemed to slow down the infection and he will make it to atleast Thanksgving. Good news to hear.
    Then Yesturday I got hurt at work (had a 400# fridge fall & pin me against a floor. Crushed my calf muscle and bruised my bad knee). So Im off my feet for a while.

Its odd to me that there were only 4 responses to this thread that was posted 4 or so days ago. There are more responses to a bomb thread. Now I see the "change of atmosphere here".

THANKS to all who responded and put my Uncle in your prayers.

good news about your uncle, sorry to hear about your accident, hope the time home w/ family works out for ya, there's always a positive to be had.....great pic of Satori....Halloween? mermaid, right?........feel better bro and prayers and thoughts sent for your injury.
    If you F-up, man up, take responsibility for your actions

No longer a community member.

I'm sorry to hear all of this Shawn!! I'm also sorry that I didn't see this thread until now, or I most certainly would have posted sooner!! I hope your uncle remains comfortable, and I hope you heal well also!! Take care my brother, and try to have a good holiday as well!! You and your uncle are both in my prayers!!

Thanks guys.

I wasn't trying to call anyone out on it. I know we get busy here and there and I know who I have a friends on here.

Don't call it a comeback hoosiers2006's Avatar

At least your uncle will make it to Thanksgiving and see your daughter, thats good to hear. Sucks about the fridge. Hope you enjoy the holiday with the family.
    Pic is Reds owner Bob Castellini enjoying a cigar in the clubhouse after winning the division. Take that statewide smoking ban!

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by thebayratt View Post
    Thanks guys.

I wasn't trying to call anyone out on it. I know we get busy here and there and I know who I have a friends on here.
    I know you weren't trying to call anyone out brother, but I do feel bad for not seeing this sooner. You are right though, with all the bomb threads floating around lately, it is hard to see the other posts too. (not complaining about bombs) LOL!

Take care brother!! If you need ANYTHING, I'm only a PM away!

I'm very sorry to hear that Shawn. Its never easy watching somebody close suffer. I pray for his comfort and for your family in this tough time.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Reino's Avatar

Hey Shawn,

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family. The Holidays are always tough one way or another. Hope your Uncle doesn't suffer and hope your back up on your feet soon bro!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

Sorry to hear that Shawn, I know from personal experience it is not an easy thing to go through. Stay strong and thoughts are with you and the family.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

Shawn
    It is always sad to hear about things like this
    especially around the holidays.
    Reminds us that tomorrow is promised to no one.
    Prayers are with you.....Enjoy Thanksgiving
    An "oath" has no expiration date......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast