Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Somber Holiday Season

This is a discussion on Somber Holiday Season within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; A recent post about this Thanksgiving being somber reminded me that I lost my grandmother last year in January and ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Quietville's Avatar

Somber Holiday Season

A recent post about this Thanksgiving being somber reminded me that I lost my grandmother last year in January and the first Thanksgiving without her was probably the hardest, emotionally, thing that I've ever been through. Last year in December, my grandfather passed away. And again, that was very hard for me. We still had Christmas in his house (which was weird and very hard.) but I came to the realization that this is going to be my first holiday season without either of my grandparents. I would appreciate prayers for myself, of course, but I really would appreciate prayers for my mother. We always went to her parents house for holidays... now I don't even know what we're going to do and Thanksgiving is two days away. I'm fairly certain this will be my first Thanksgiving that I won't see my family. Thanks for any support gents, I appreciate it.

Re: Somber Holiday Season

Hi Brandon,
    As wonderful as life is, it sure packs some big challenges for us along the way...
    This is one of them for you and your family.

I for one will lift some thoughts and prayers for you.
    That you would be able to experience peace in the midst of pain, and that you would be able to pass it on to your Mother.
    I also ask for the healing of hearts that are hurting.

Best wishes, Dafiddla

Dafiddla
    "What Could be Finer, than a Spanish Cedar Liner?"

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

We have a fairly large family on my moms side, and this will be the first family holiday since my grandma passed. I know how you feel. Its going to be very sad, but I'm sure everyone will have a wonderful time. My grandmother's passing reminded everyone how quickly life ends, and has brought the family closer together. Death is a part of life, an inevitable part of life. It's tough to love loved ones. But the important thing is to not let it ruin the holiday, but instead to focus on your own family, and let them know how much you love them. Give thanks to the Creator for all he has blessed you with!

Brandon loss of a family member is always hard and I feel for you bro. I too lost my Grandmother this year and as a result my grandfather had to move out of state as well. I spent an extraordinary amount of time and was very close to both of them since I was a young child. Although their is not a lot to be said to give much comfort I do find some myself in focusing on the good times I had with my grandmother and use times like holidays as a time to reflect and give thanks to the people that were and are special to me. I'm sure your grandparents were wonderful people and I hope that maybe you can have a moment with your mother to reflect and find comfort in remembering the good times you had while they were still with you.

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

Edit: thats supposed to be "tough to lose loved ones" above there.

Prayers and thoughts sent for you, your mom, and your whole family. Don't forget, holidays are about being with the ones you love, my advice is for you to do all you can to be with the ones you love....God bless and keep the faith.
    If you F-up, man up, take responsibility for your actions

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Prayers sent!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Elder Puffer Fish Leader primetime76's Avatar

Hope you had a great day full of thei memories bro...I will NEVER stop missing my moms parents. They were MUCH more than grandparents...they were true friends. My grandfather passes on veterans day in 2009 an my grandmother on July 6, 2001...not a day goes by when I don't think of them. Keep their memories alive bro! I wish you the best during this tough season.
    It is easier to ask for forgivness than to ask for permission!