Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Lost my basset today

This is a discussion on Lost my basset today within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Sorry to hear that buddy! I know the pain, right now I am dealing with having to put my dog ...

Re: Lost my basset today

Sorry to hear that buddy!
    I know the pain, right now I am dealing with having to put my dog down after she bit a guy. Long Story.
    I just got done signing her over to the shelter via the police dept....

Jonathan, man that sucks it's never easy having to say goodbye.

Shawn mate, that also sucks that you have to go through handing your dog over.
    Last edited by s_vivo; 12-01-2011 at 10:46 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks again guys for the thoughts. I guess we make a deal when we take them into our home that the better they are, and the stronger the bond is, the harder it will be to let go. We all know it's worth it.

Puffer Fish with some spikes truckertim's Avatar

I am so sorry brother and know exactly how you feel. I also have a basset (Spartacus) which will be 13 yrs old in March and he is nearing his end and its killing me and the family! My wife and I got him back in 1998 while we were living in Leavenworth, KS and he has been a member of the family ever since. People cant believe he is still alive considering bassets avg life span is roughly 9yrs if youre lucky. He too is a lemon/white basset, well used to be that is since now he is totally white. I know the day is coming when I get that terrible call that our buddy has left us and have tried to prepare myself for it but theres no way to prepare for the death of someone that has been with you for 13yrs!

Again, I am so so so sorry for your lose and hope that you and your family are doing ok! Peace.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader jeepthing's Avatar

Feel for ya, Lost our Basset just a month ago. 15 years in the family. Couldn't ask for a better dog
    Whatever it is -- I didn't do it!

Oh man im so sorry, i actually got teary eyed reading it. And grabbed my doggies and hugged them nice and big. Hope you feel better, Im sure he is thinking of you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2