Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help wanted: all prayers and faiths accepted...

This is a discussion on Help wanted: all prayers and faiths accepted... within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Hey all, my father in law was diagnosed with lung cancer about 2 months ago (heavy cigarette smoker for many ...

Help wanted: all prayers and faiths accepted...

Hey all, my father in law was diagnosed with lung cancer about 2 months ago (heavy cigarette smoker for many years). He has been having a hard time with chemo and radiation but was doing ok. He started getting confused and acting abnormally a week or two ago. They thought it was just the chemo but they scanned his head this morning and found a tumor in his brain (not uncommon for lung cancer to spread to the brain). He is not doing well so my wife and kids and I are heading out on a last minute trip up to michigan today. Hopefully all goes well, but I'm not really sure what that means at this point.

If anyone can add my wife and her family into their prayers this week I know we would all appreciate it.

thanks,
    matt
    Man I wish I had something witty and inspiring to say. Or even a URL to share.

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

Re: Help wanted: all prayers and faiths accepted...

Absolutely, Matt. Is your FiL a Christian? Just wondering.
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Sounds like a really hard time for your family. You'll all be in our thoughts and prayers.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Oldmso54's Avatar

Sorry to hear that Matt - you and your family will be in my thoughts.

I ain't ! I'm just a little large for my size!

thoughts and prayers sent to you and your family, God will never give us more than we can handle, but sometimes it seems He thinks we can take a lot more than we think, anyway I just went through a similar thing w/ my wife's mom, hard to see her go through it....God bless and keep the faith brother.
    If you F-up, man up, take responsibility for your actions

Will do Matt. Peace be with you and your family.
    I can't complain, but sometimes I still do.
    ―Joe Walsh

Twerking ain't for Smurfs Packerjh's Avatar

I've been experiencing the cancer roller coaster as well with my mom so I feel your pain! Prayers are incoming for him and your family!!

Jason
    Just one little Smurf against the world....I feel sorry for you World! BOOM, suckas!

No longer a community member.

Hey Matt, so sorry to hear about that. Cancer is a horrible thing that affects everyone, times are very trying when going through something like that. I know how much strength it takes to get through it as we have had a few bouts of cancer in my family as well. I know that you are a good man and will be that pillar of strength for your family but you have our support as well as our thoughts and prayers.

No longer a community member.

Thoughts and prayers going out to you and your family Matt!

Sorry to hear this time of year, Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Hope you have Safe Travels..

James
    For the Love of (__[@}___Cigars__}}}}}
    "I didn't play at collecting. No cigar anywhere was safe from me."~E G R

I'm sorry to hear that Matt. I'll light a candle for your father in law and your family.

I have a candle lit for them all with the hope of a good outcome & some ease through the journey. :-(
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Thanks to all. We are in flight now. So far everyone is handling the stress ok.
    Man I wish I had something witty and inspiring to say. Or even a URL to share.

My thoughts are with you, Matt. If you need to talk, you know how to find me.

Take care, and best wishes to your wife and her family.
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Thoughts and prayers going out to you and your family. So sorry to hear about this. keep your head up.
    People say motivation doesn't last ... neither does bathing. Thats why we do it everyday.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast