Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Help me out with a prayer?

This is a discussion on Help me out with a prayer? within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; As some of you know, I'm a USAF air traffic controller by day, but I have ministerial credentials and lead ...

Pale Horse

Help me out with a prayer?

As some of you know, I'm a USAF air traffic controller by day, but I have ministerial credentials and lead the base contemporary non-denominational Christian service for the base chaplain (there are 5 Protestant services and only 1 Protestant chaplain). So I'm essentially a very green pastor. Today at 1pm EST, I will be delivering my first sermon, and I would appreciate any prayers. I'm earnestly praying that 1.) I don't screw this up and 2.) that something clicks in someone and they give their life to Christ. I am also considering having it recorded if anyone is interested in seeing it

God Bless,
    Aaron

Re: Help me out with a prayer?

Peace be with you, Aaron. You'll be fine. Thoughts and prayers sent your way!
    “I can't complain, but sometimes I still do.”
    ―Joe Walsh

Midlife crises Puffer mcgreggor57's Avatar

As Paul said, some plant...some water...but only God can make it grow. He will use you as is His well. Prayers going to keep you true to the Word.
    Would love to see it if you choose to record and post it!
    Tobacco Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/mcgreggor57
    Never trust a woman's tears or a dog's limp.

Pale Horse

I really appreciate it guys! I know that if enough people pray, a heart will open up for Jesus. I can't promise that it'll be amazing, but I'll have my wife bring the recorder so I can post the message. It won't be too long, probably only 10-15 minutes, but it's rather to the point lol

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

I am more than sure there is no way to mess up. There is a huge learning curve and GOD is very forging! Prayers sent!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Aaron, you will do fine. God chose you to spread his message of kindness, compassion, and humanity. Just be yourself and you will be fine! God Bless you and Merry Christmas!
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

The best advice I was given for preaching, get out of the way of the Gospel. The Christmas message almost preaches itself. I've got you in my prayers. The first sermon can be scary.

I guess the saying "imagine the crowd in their underwear" probably isn't appropriate in this case...
    but as long as you are speaking from the heart you will be fine..........
    An "oath" has no expiration date......

All is well, you can find no better inspiration than what today is about, open your Mind, Heart and Spirit the words will come, it is all in the Message.
    Remember...God is with us,we are not alone, Thanks be to God.
    Last edited by Wildone; 12-25-2011 at 11:38 AM.

Remember this my friend, you cannot screw up a prayer.. A prayer is speaking with God.. Say what is on your heart, dont say words you think are appropriate.. God does not want to hear a writen script. he wants to hear your heart.

My thoughts will be with you brother.

Pale Horse

Thank you so much guys, I really appreciate the kind words, thoughts and prayers

I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason.
    The reason, God already has it planned out.
    You certainly have our Love, Respect and Support.
    However, you have something far more powerful then that,
    you have the support of God to get his word out.
    God chose for YOU to speak His word, all will be fine.

If you chose to post the sermon, I would be honored to listen to it.

Pale Horse

Just got home a little bit ago from church. Considering that I'm not a seasoned preacher or public speaker, I feel like I nailed that sermon! Afterwards a guy that I hadn't met yet told me that I had been anointed and called to do this. He said that God had put it on his heart to tell me that, and truthfully I believe it because I had been doubting my calling lately. My buddy recorded it so as soon as he gets it to me I'll post it on youtube and share it!

Thank you so much for all of the encouragement, thoughts and prayers. I strongly believe that all of the extra prayers and support gave me some extra help! You guys are awesome, I love this forum

Merry Christmas!

No longer a community member.

Didn't get to post before your sermon but I would have told you that I had no doubt you'd be successful - - and it sounds like you absolutely were!!