Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Rest in peace, George

This is a discussion on Rest in peace, George within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Long-story short, one of the parts delivery drivers for the auto shop I work at lost his battle with cancer ...

Post Rest in peace, George

Long-story short, one of the parts delivery drivers for the auto shop I work at lost his battle with cancer this weekend. George Harris was family, and although he hasn't been delivering parts for a few months due to the horrible toll chemo took on him, things still just don't feel right today knowing that he's gone. I suppose there was always the hope that he would one day beat it and return.

George was good people. He always tried to con us out of $20 with every delivery; sometimes it was the "delivery fee", sometimes it was the "advertising charge" for the Lone Star Bavarian sticker we stuck on the tailgate of his truck when he wasn't looking, sometimes it was a convenience fee so that we wouldn't have to have so much money in our petty cash box (never know when someone may try to rob the place, after all, and by his logic the money was safer in his hands). He also had a knack for cleaning out our candy/peppermint bowl before he left.

I'm not the religious type, but George was. I know he would appreciate the prayers and thoughts. The world is certainly a worse place now that he's gone. Rest in peace, George.

Re: Rest in peace, George

My condolences.
    You live once. Live happy.

Midlife crises Puffer mcgreggor57's Avatar

Prayers for his family and friends. He sounds like he was a great guy!
    Tobacco Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/mcgreggor57
    Never trust a woman's tears or a dog's limp.

Puff Puffer Puffiest bnbtobacco's Avatar

R.I.P. Thoughts and prayers for the family..