Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I could use some Prayers on the Job Front

This is a discussion on I could use some Prayers on the Job Front within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Hang in there Daniel, it might be tough but have faith, you are never put through anything you can't handle....

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish raycarlo's Avatar

Re: I could use some Prayers on the Job Front

Hang in there Daniel, it might be tough but have faith, you are never put through anything you can't handle.

Pale Horse

I'm still praying for you brother

Quote Originally Posted by Staxed View Post
    I haven't gotten any hits yet, I did go to a new temp agency today and they said they'd probably give me a call in a day or two...so fingers crossed on that. I'm just so down right now, trying to stay positive...but it's to the point now what I'm going to do in the next few weeks. Chin up though, as much as I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyTree View Post
    This is the state of our economy. Unemployment breeds unemployment. You don't work, and employers shy away because of the gap in your employment record. You can't pay your bills, and suddenly you're disqualified for jobs because of your poor credit rating. We complain because the poor want our taxes without working, but we stack the deck so that they can't work. And meanwhile, the depression that sets in from not having anything to do after you wake up keeps you from finding things to do after you wake up. The longer it goes, the more you sink. The hardest thing to take is others' inability to understand your situation, but I'm right there with you, buddy. It's cost me my standard of living, my self-confidence, my energy, and nearly my family. Here's to better times for everyone who somehow manages not to give up.
    I'm in the same boat as you guys. Just staying possitive is tough. I find myself looking at some of the people out there that are working and asking, "If this idiot can find a job, why can't I?" At least I have my artwork to keep busy. It won't cover all of the bills but it's something. There are jobs out there for us, we just have to keep faith and keep looking.
    I apply for 3-5 jobs per day, something has to work out.
    I believe in courtesy, the ritual by which we avoid hurting other people's feelings by satisfying our own egos. Kenneth Clark

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3