Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I could use some Prayers on the Job Front

This is a discussion on I could use some Prayers on the Job Front within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Heya Everyone! For those that don't know...I am both unemployed (got out of the Air Force in October), and a ...

I could use some Prayers on the Job Front

Heya Everyone!

For those that don't know...I am both unemployed (got out of the Air Force in October), and a newly saved Christian (January).

A few weeks ago, I found out that a job I had applied for, been qualified for, and really wanted was not currently hiring. They had put out an ad to get future candidates. After finding that out it kind of sucked as I really had a good feeling about the job. It was to be an Emergency Dispatcher...which with my experience as an Air Traffic Controller I am very qualified for.

Well, this morning when I got up, I prayed a little differently. I ask God to show me the path he wanted me to take. I might have crossed a line a bit, but I told him that I was tired of not knowing what to do, and I needed him to SHOW me, vividly, what I needed to do to support my family.

Less than 15 minutes later, I got a call that I had an interview on March 6th to that Emergency Dispatch job that had said they weren't hiring for a while. I'm thanking God for giving me this opening.

Sorry or the long winded info...but long story short...I could REALLY use some prayers that this interview goes well and that I get the job, and that my slowly dwindling finances don't disappear between now and then...because it is getting pretty close.

Thanks, and God Bless!
    You can't be friends with a squirrel! A squirrel is just a rat with a cuter outfit.
    My Personal Blog: Out of Shadow

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish ten08's Avatar

Re: I could use some Prayers on the Job Front

Be encouraged, brother. And don't worry about crossing any lines, it's never wrong to be real with God.
    Prov 3:5-6
    Prov 16:3,9
    I will be praying for your interview.

Prayers for you my brother. Hope you get the job.

I will be praying for you. I understand how you feel. I'm currently "between jobs" myself and missed out on a couple that would have been a good fit. Hopefully you will get this one.
    “ I believe in courtesy, the ritual by which we avoid hurting other people's feelings by satisfying our own egos. ”— Kenneth Clark

Good luck staxed.

I'm in, will add you to my prayers, do well in your call-back Daniel!

Midlife crises Puffer mcgreggor57's Avatar

You got it Daniel!
    Tobacco Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/mcgreggor57
    Never trust a woman's tears or a dog's limp.

Young Puffer Fish CRA Ambass Lloyd's Avatar

You got it Daniel.

My daughter is in 101st Aviation support at Ft. Campbell after rotating back from TK, Afg. last year. They are making it hard for her to rejoin. Good luck brother. My thoughts are with you.
    “Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man’s enjoyment of his cigar.” – Mark Twain

No longer a community member.

Ditto Good Luck!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Matt4370's Avatar

While I am not a religious person, I wish you luck, and will keep you in my thoughts. You are a generous and deserving person. Good karma to you brother.

Best of wishes for success coming your way Daniel.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Thank you very much for all the Prayers and well wishes, very much appreciated!
    You can't be friends with a squirrel! A squirrel is just a rat with a cuter outfit.
    My Personal Blog: Out of Shadow

Scotch & Cigars

I got your back as well buddy.

Prayers are with you

Best of luck Daniel keep believing!

No longer a community member.

You got this. Remember, they wouldn't have called you if they weren't seriously considering you for the job!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast