Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Thoughts needed - Job front

This is a discussion on Thoughts needed - Job front within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Howdy All: I hope you are doing great. I have found myself without a job for the first time in ...

Thoughts needed - Job front

Howdy All:

I hope you are doing great.

I have found myself without a job for the first time in over 11 years. Scary. Very scary.

Got one kid in college and another heading there in the fall. Hope I find something that will allow me to stay in Michigan and keep my house and pay for my kids school. But it seems tough out there. I am getting a few interviews but salary talk is much less and I need to figure something out.

Thanks guys for listening.

Best regards, tony

Re: Thoughts needed - Job front

Good luck with your hunt. What kind of work are you looking for?
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

I know how you feel. I'm currently unemployed as well. In almost 30 years I have never gone without a job. All you can do is keep applying and going to interviews. Don't lose faith. There is a job out there for you. I hope you already applied for unemployment benefits. It isn't enough, but some income is better than none. Look at this as a chance to spend a little more time with your family while you look. It is also a chance to re-think your career choices. In the long run this may turn out to be a blessing in disguise.
    I believe in courtesy, the ritual by which we avoid hurting other people's feelings by satisfying our own egos. Kenneth Clark

Hang in there and don't lose faith. Things will work themselves out before you know it.

If you have a hobby or are passionate about something maybe now is the time to take the risk and make a career out of it. At the worst it is something to give you some relief while looking for something else, or it could turn out to be a good source of revenue. 90% of jobs are unadvertised. NETWORK!

I wish you luck sir.
    Last edited by Cigar Noob; 03-01-2012 at 11:03 PM.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish rocketmann82's Avatar

Keep the faith brother, Here's to hoping that you get another interview that has the $$$ you need.

You'll bounce back. This is a good read: 48 Days To The Work You Love

I was unemployed for a long while and am now what would be considered underemployed. It's not an easy situation, and you've got a lot riding on it. Best of luck to you.
    Enabler, Philosopher and Resident Imbiber

Best of luck in your search bro, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that all works out

Thanks everyone for the good thoughts.

As for work- Program/Project management, sales, solution architecture around voice and video.

Had a good interview with Harley Davidson and Hewlett Packard this week so hoping one of those might work out.

Best regards, tony