Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Prayer Request

This is a discussion on Prayer Request within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I am relatively new to this forum but I have come to regard you all as family. I am in ...

Prayer Request

I am relatively new to this forum but I have come to regard you all as family. I am in a bind and could use your prayers.

I have been unemployed for almost two years and haven't had any luck finding a new job. I was fine until yesterday. I calculated that my last unemployment check would hit just in time to make my house payment for this month and that would give me a full month to create and sell some artwork to make next month's payment. I figured that I could float by this way for a couple of months or so while I continued to look for a job. In fact, I have a job lined up but it won't start for at least three months. I recieved a letter yesterday from the CA Unemployment Department stating that I have no more checks coming. This of course means that I'm short $900 for my house payment next week. I have sent emails to a couple of collectors offering to do some really nice artwork for them for $600/month for the next three months. I hope to get three collectors to accept this deal. It will allow them to purchase over $2000 worth of scrimshaw at a discount and without having to spend it all at once. It will also exactly replace the $1800 I was getting for unemployment and allow me to save my family's home ( I have been behind for the last couple of months but I'm now within $500 of getting caught up). Please pray that some collectors step forward and accept this deal. I will continue to work on scrimshaw and look for work, but if I can get this set up it will give me some peace of mind until the other job becomes available.
    “ I believe in courtesy, the ritual by which we avoid hurting other people's feelings by satisfying our own egos. ”— Kenneth Clark

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Re: Prayer Request

Prayers sent!
    There are a lot of programs available to help those behind on their Mortgage don't be shy apply!
    "GOD HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES"
    Peace my brother!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Prayers sent. Hang in there, everything will work out fine.

Home Brewin' Herfer doomXsaloon's Avatar

Good luck, bro.....thoughts are with you....it'll work out.
    "When one is eager and willing, the gods join in."--Aeschylus
    "Any cigar smoker is a friend, because I know how he feels." --Alfred de Musset

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish rocketmann82's Avatar

Prayers sent. Keep your chin up and keep the faith, It will work out in the end.....

Scotch & Cigars

Prayers sent, keep on chugging brother!

Keep your head up and if things get bad just keep trying to move forward..

No longer a community member.

Good Luck Darrel!!

Thoughts and prayers out for you. Life can test us all at times. Count your blessings and never give up hope that a better day awaits you.
    “I can't complain, but sometimes I still do.”
    ―Joe Walsh

Praying to St.Luke to intercede of your behalf.. you also might want to check out this Government Refinance Assistance

thoughts and prayers sent brother, keep the faith, you'll get through it and be better for it.
    If you F-up, man up, take responsibility for your actions

Thanks everyone. For those who suggested govt programs, I did that two years ago so I can't do it again. I just have to keep making the payments. They really aren't bad. I just expected one last check this month. I have heard from three collectors today. Two said they can't help right now but one said he would so things are moving along. Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers. I the greater scheme of things this is pretty minor I know, but I really need to save my children's home.
    “ I believe in courtesy, the ritual by which we avoid hurting other people's feelings by satisfying our own egos. ”— Kenneth Clark

Youre in my best thoughts and prayers Bro, hang in there.
    Wrap Your Ass in Fiberglass
    Drive a VETTE

Pale Horse

Prayers sent

Puffer Fish with some spikes Ishtar's Avatar

I have started a list of every1 on Puff who needs constant prayer. I will be praying for you & your family. I know how discouraging it can be when the burden lies on you & yet is out of your own control. When I get down, it helps me to pray for other people. I try to keep in mind that some1 always has it worse. I work full time for $1000/mo & support 7 ppl but in perspective, some ppl don't have a job at all & I thank God fpor my mom, who is my landlord & charges me her $300 house payment to rent a house that's well worth $600/mo. Without her, my children may not have a roof or be in a 1 BR apt.

God will always find a way to work all things out for the good of those who serve him. He has plans for all of us, to prosper & not to harm. Sometimes we may not see the opportunities He is giving us by taking something else away but they will be apparent in time. We just have to remember that though we can only see the present, He sees the big picture. I cannot recount all the blessings I have had that would not have been possible if He had not first taken something else away from me. He will make a way. He always does. & sometimes, He pushes us to the point of helplessness so that we learn again to rely on Him.

But He also, as another puffer said, helps those who help themselves. When the angels let Paul out of prison, they opened the gate but they told him & his companion to put on their shoes & walk. If we are faithful to rely on Him & ambitious to do what we can for ourselves, He will handle the rest - even if it's not in the time frame or the manner that we would prefer. I will continue to pray for you & for God's will in your life. May your family always be safe & healthy no matter what else comes your way.

I am pressed but NOT crushed, persecuted but NOT abandoned, struck down but NOT destroyed.

a little late here, didn't see this. Hope it all works out for you brother. Good luck with everything!