Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

One Step forward 10 steps back...

This is a discussion on One Step forward 10 steps back... within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; This is more of a venting self pity post but i am also asking for my friends to keep my ...

The One and Only GOT ssutton219's Avatar

One Step forward 10 steps back...

This is more of a venting self pity post but i am also asking for my friends to keep my family in your thoughts...

My fiancee was diagnosed 2 yrs ago with Polymyositis after 1) Getting clean from drugs and 2) battling Breast Cancer.

The disease destroys her mobility and wears her down, but shes takes her anti-inflammatory and pain meds and fights through everyday and if you met her on the street you would never know that there were days where she cant get out of bed.

She eats right and doesn't smoke and was going to school so she could help support our family (shes on disability and hates it) Shes an amazing woman and has taken on my boys as her own...there is no "Your Boys/My Boys" in our home.

At her last check-up/physical the doc gave us bad news...He told us it is terminal and gave her 3-5 yrs.

This woman has been the only woman in the world to ever give my opinion any weight, only woman to ever treat me as an equal and treat me as I should be treated and now I dont get to enjoy her for the rest of my life....

I am numb about it, she has humor and we haven't told many people. We have told her oldest son and my oldest so that they know that they may be called upon to do a lil more around the house.

She has decided that nothing changes and I don't know how she does it but everyday is a good day..she doesn't let it slow her down or get her down.

I don't know why its happening to her, its not fair to any of us and i am not going to take the time to question it...

I just needed to let it out and vent somewhat.

Thank you for listening to me complain/bitch again about the curve balls thrown at me.

Shawn
    If the thought of a lil mold spores or beetle eggs in a cigar bother you..maybe you shouldnt smoke...cigars are a plant that we allow to ferment (rot) for our enjoyment...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Hannibal's Avatar

Re: One Step forward 10 steps back...

Shawn,

I'm sorry to be reading this. Please, if you do nothing more, make this time the best you possibly can. These times are the building blocks of memories that you will have forever. Don't look at it as I only have X time left, instead be happy for every day that comes. I know it's hard to look at it this way but it's the only way to keep yourself sane. Take care my Brother and I will continue my prayers that there will be cherished moments to come for you and your family.
    My Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/hannibal
    Proud to have served 1988-2000 U.S. Army!!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

That's gotta be some of the hardest news ever to hear. It sounds like you have yourself a great great great woman. Like Jeff said, even though it's difficult, cherish every moment you have. Take care Shawn and know you always have some brothers to lean on.

No longer a community member.

Damn Shawn I don't have the word dude, Sorry just doesn't seem like enough!

I can't think of anything to say that could be adequate enough Shawn, just know you and your family are in my prayers and PM me if I can do anything.

As others have said, very sorry to hear the news. Thoughts are with you guys.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Believe in the power of the LORD Prayers sent.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Prayers out for the both of you, Shawn. Try to make the most of every bit of time you have with her and keep her spirit up.
    “I can't complain, but sometimes I still do.”
    ―Joe Walsh

thinking of you, brother. enjoy the time you have.

Hang in there brother and make sure you enjoy every single day to the fullest. Although I'm new around here I've already figured out how great this community is, let us know if you need anything, or if you need to complain/bitch let us know.

I'm sorry to hear about your fiance. Try to enjoy every moment you have with her and don't take any of it for granted. Remember that the Doctor has made his diagnosis with the intention of preparing you for the worst. I've personally known two people who outlived their diagnosis by a substantial ammount. Doctors aren't God. They do their best, but they don't really know. My Grandmother lived nine years after we were told she wouldn't survive the night and my neighbor lived for five years after she was told that she had six months. According to my neighbor, the trick is to live like you have a whole life ahead of you. Live your lives. Nobody knows for sure how much time we each have ahead of us.
    “ I believe in courtesy, the ritual by which we avoid hurting other people's feelings by satisfying our own egos. ”— Kenneth Clark

The One and Only GOT ssutton219's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarrelMorris View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your fiance. Try to enjoy every moment you have with her and don't take any of it for granted. Remember that the Doctor has made his diagnosis with the intention of preparing you for the worst. I've personally known two people who outlived their diagnosis by a substantial ammount. Doctors aren't God. They do their best, but they don't really know. My Grandmother lived nine years after we were told she wouldn't survive the night and my neighbor lived for five years after she was told that she had six months. According to my neighbor, the trick is to live like you have a whole life ahead of you. Live your lives. Nobody knows for sure how much time we each have ahead of us.
    Thats how I look at it and she does too...we are not changing any plans for our future..and when we got engaged we made the joke that this relationship would be on the 10yr plan then we take a break and go another 10yrs...I told her the other day shes contracted for another 9.5 yrs..

Shawn
    If the thought of a lil mold spores or beetle eggs in a cigar bother you..maybe you shouldnt smoke...cigars are a plant that we allow to ferment (rot) for our enjoyment...

Midlife crises Puffer mcgreggor57's Avatar

In our prayers.
    Tobacco Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/mcgreggor57
    Never trust a woman's tears or a dog's limp.

No longer a community member.

Hard to put my thoughts into words but if you need to vent you know you can do it here!! And +1 to all the other posts....