Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

For me and my kidney

This is a discussion on For me and my kidney within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; thinking of you jessica! godspeed!...

Re: For me and my kidney

thinking of you jessica! godspeed!

You will be in our prayers.
    I believe in courtesy, the ritual by which we avoid hurting other people's feelings by satisfying our own egos. Kenneth Clark

I'm watching you.

Thanks all. I'm home for now. I go back sometime SOON for a week of surgeries and recovery. It's BOTH kidneys this time (2cm in each kidney) which means two local anesthetic operations to put in a tube from my back to each kidney, then 2 general anesthesia surgeries to clean out the stones. They do one at a time in case something goes wrong. I say "soon" because the surgeon and his OR are quite booked and unless this becomes an emergency (it is to me already!) like my kidney is gonna die, I have to wait.

Surgeon said no smoking for a month afterwards, so I'm just gonna hug my humidor and hope osmosis works.

One of my buddies is taking bets on which stone I'm tossing around!

Attachment 67631

Positive energy headed your way Jess.

I'm watching you.

Well, the hot shot doctor saw me today and said he thinks we can dissolve this kind of stone if I go on a no-meat diet for 2 months, and dope up on some serious body chemistry altering drugs. So I want to try this versus a 10 day hospital stay!

The meds are $$$, so I cut back on my cigar budget until then, it's a good thing I have enough to smoke and age

The doc doesn't believe in narcotic pain meds for kidney stones, though, it's a good thing I live in California and 420 cards are legal, which is where my happy butt is heading tomorrow morning!
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

Best of luck Jessica, fingers crossed this works for you.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2