Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Marines at Camp Leatherneck

This is a discussion on Marines at Camp Leatherneck within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH soooo he was nearly in a firefight... fuuuuu........

Re: Marines at Camp Leatherneck

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

soooo he was nearly in a firefight...

fuuuuu.....

Puffer Fish with many spikes johnb's Avatar

dan, i'm praying for your brother and everyone involved in this horrific attack

Puffer Fish with many spikes

I was just reading up on this thread and was about to PM you and ask about your brother. I'm so glad to hear he made it through safe though deeply saddened about his CO and the others who lost their lives. This is the first time these middle East wars have hit close to home for me. Until now they have been news stories on TV. I really appreciate your sharing this news and bringing these events close to us. It allows us to give them the attention they deserve and our brave service men fighting over there the attention they deserve. Let me know when he next has leave to the states, I would like to send him and your family a couple of gift cards for you guys to enjoy some really nice steak or lobster dinners as a thank you to him and to show my appreciation for all he and those guys are doing for us.
    The best cigar I ever smoked will be the next one I try.

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family as well as to all the brave men and women who put themselves willingly in harms way simply to allow us to live life as we know it.
    ďA good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores". - Maxwell Q. Klinger - Mash 4077

Quote Originally Posted by longburn View Post
    I was just reading up on this thread and was about to PM you and ask about your brother. I'm so glad to hear he made it through safe though deeply saddened about his CO and the others who lost their lives. This is the first time these middle East wars have hit close to home for me. Until now they have been news stories on TV. I really appreciate your sharing this news and bringing these events close to us. It allows us to give them the attention they deserve and our brave service men fighting over there the attention they deserve. Let me know when he next has leave to the states, I would like to send him and your family a couple of gift cards for you guys to enjoy some really nice steak or lobster dinners as a thank you to him and to show my appreciation for all he and those guys are doing for us.
    Thanks, I didn't think of it that way. Just really don't know how to handle this so I'm sharing with you guys for support. Assuming everything goes as planned, he should be home in May. My family and I appreciate your continued support, and I do agree, having something like this so close to home really does put the other stories I've read into perspective.

Puffer Fish with many spikes

Quote Originally Posted by hardcz View Post
    Thanks, I didn't think of it that way. Just really don't know how to handle this so I'm sharing with you guys for support. Assuming everything goes as planned, he should be home in May. My family and I appreciate your continued support, and I do agree, having something like this so close to home really does put the other stories I've read into perspective.
    On the bright side....maybe your brother was one of the ones who wasted some of those camel jockys
    F__k this war, these kids are dying and noone is looking, it's amazing all of this was caused because someone made a film which mocked Mohammed or their God (one of the two) as for me, I am confident enough in my God's power that I don't have to do his fighting for him. If someone makes fun of my God I just smile to myself because I know judgement day will come for that person and when it does my God will look that person in the eye and he has all the power he needs to take care of that problem on his own. He don't need me to bail him out.
    The best cigar I ever smoked will be the next one I try.

The problem is not just those attacking, it's those who are dumb and don't realize. He was pretty upset, I was told he nearly took out a civilian who didn't respond that was walking near the base looking for wifi. I just hope the military and govt. learned from their mistakes and provide these young men and women therapy when they get out to help them adjust and deal with what they've had to go through.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2