Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Marines at Camp Leatherneck

This is a discussion on Marines at Camp Leatherneck within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Hey everyone, some of you know my younger brother is deployed in Afghanistan at the moment and has had some ...

Marines at Camp Leatherneck

Hey everyone, some of you know my younger brother is deployed in Afghanistan at the moment and has had some close calls. Early this morning I received word that the base he is stationed was attacked and two marines have died. Fast forward to a few hours later, we receive notice it wasn't not him, though still no word if he is injured or not. My mom is flipping out and I'm hoping for the best.

I'm hoping as you read this you could take a moment to send your form of prayer or good vibes to the families that have lost their sons this day, and stationed at Camp Leatherneck who are dealing with this on a daily basis. I'm usually a strong exterior kind of guy, though we initially received an email starting with "I'm sorry to have to contact you" and the swing of emotions were quite crazy. Thanks for taking a moment to read this and hopefully this frog in my throat will go away soon.

BBC News - Camp Bastion assault: Two US marines die in 'Taliban revenge'

No longer a community member.

Re: Marines at Camp Leatherneck

You got my prayers lifted up for your bro. Nothing I can say will ease your concern until you've gotten word on his well being, I hope you get that soon and it's good news.

Full grown Puffer Fish

Dan, my thoughts and prayers go out to you. Your brother should be fine, stay positive.

Puffer Fish with many spikes

Dan,I had no idea you had a brother there. My son just joined the Navy and is currently in bootcamp in Great Lakes Il. and we already worry, I can't imagine what you and your family is going through right now.I had no idea your brother was a Marine and stationed in such a forward base there. Your telling me this suddenly made this war very real and close to us.
    My wife and I both said a prayer for the safey and well being of your brother and a prayer for the Marines who were killed and injured and their families.We also prayed for your family that God give you closeness and support of each other and that he guide you and your family to an understanding of whatever events unfold so that you can find comfort in his wisdom and strength in believeing what he does is for the best. We pray that this terrible war which takes away the lives of our young people and loved ones end in a way that makes their sacrifices worth it and that this not go down as simply another event fueled by mens obessions, misunderstandings and greed. But something that in the end makes the world a better and safer place for all of us. God please bless them, keep them safe and guide them toward a meaningful conclusion Amen.
    The best cigar I ever smoked will be the next one I try.

Thanks friends. I have more sad news, the unit mom just emailed us saying 6 are now dead. Prayers for their families.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish jaysalti's Avatar

Thoughts and prayers to the families, friends and comrades who have lost. Utmost respect for those who past. Best wishes to your bro, you and the fam, Dan.
    Build a Sampler or Get a Blinder Here! http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/want-s...ur-choice.html

I'm watching you.

Hugs and prayers for all the families
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

Puffer Fish with many spikes zephead61's Avatar

Wow. Dan, I pray your brother makes it home safely and his brothers as well. Every single one of the men and women in uniform is a hero in my book. My condolences for those who have past protecting our freedom. RIP

Thoughts and prayers to everyone involved. I hope they all come home soon. The world is about to be set on fire, it sure seems.

Great news friends, my brother is OK. Normally he's not on the front lines, so this was quite a scare.

Thanks everyone for your support and prayers through this time.

Quote Originally Posted by hardcz View Post
    Great news friends, my brother is OK. Normally he's not on the front lines, so this was quite a scare.

Thanks everyone for your support and prayers through this time.
    Excellent news, indeed!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish jaysalti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 36Bones View Post
    Excellent news, indeed!
    Most definitely
    Build a Sampler or Get a Blinder Here! http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/want-s...ur-choice.html

Well as more info comes in, my brothers CO was killed in the attack. I don't have his name or anything at the moment, though please keep his family in your prayers.

I guess things are still crazy over there, and they are on full scale alert. ARRGGG I feel so helpless. Usually I'm the one protecting my little brother, and now there's not a damn thing I can do.

I'm watching you.

Don't worry Dan. He's got many more brothers that have his back for you.
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

Puffer Fish with some spikes Loki21's Avatar

Praying for all our soldiers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast