Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A close friend recently ended his life.. his family is hurting.

This is a discussion on A close friend recently ended his life.. his family is hurting. within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Again thanks. I find that the anger is really deep seated in me and I think it comes out at ...

No longer a community member.

Re: A close friend recently ended his life.. his family is hurting.

Again thanks. I find that the anger is really deep seated in me and I think it comes out at times in my words or my tone towards others and I'm trying to work on it but well.. it's hard. I'm not angry at him even.. I think I'm just angry that no one was around to help him. Or maybe I'm just angry.

It does seem to have created a little of a negative rep for me though, some of my actions. I hear a lot of rumors or gossip about me too unfortunately. There's nothing I can do on here about that, but please don't take what you hear about me as truth without actually knowing me, I'm just in a very dark part right now.

I'm trying to get more involved here though, I've met some really encouraging people that have made me want to, like with the contest that's nearly over and a few other things. My attempt to at least get to know some other people, though that doesn't really let them get me. A community to just kind of talk to helps.

Again though, it's about those hurt, not me.

Anyway, again my sincerest thanks for the things people have said on this thread to me. I very much appreciate it and the prayers going elsewhere to the family.
    Last edited by Draepheus; 10-18-2012 at 01:12 PM.

i've had suicide affect me through friends as well. it's a shitty thing to deal with but the best thing you can do is offer support to his family and stay strong yourself. there's never an answer to this, but find solace in living on and try to maintain a positive image of your friend.

No longer a community member.

I want to offer a final thanks to the people who posted here and gave me some encouragement, it has definitely helped knowing that some people are praying for me and the family that's hurting. Maybe I'm sounding a bit too emotional, but it's the truth. I'm not feeling the best, but I feel a bit better, enough to do a few things.

My heartfelt thanks.

Edit:

A few of you had some nice things to say in private messages as well and I really appreciate those too, even if I didn't respond to each of them.

Full grown Puffer Fish

I read this the other night and had plans to come back and visit. However sometimes we put more time on what's not important than what's important.

I know from experience that I fail to tell people what a positive impact they have had on my life, from when I was a kid until today. You see, we don't know what kind of impact we have on someoneelse, but we know what if any impact they've had on us, both good and bad.

I so sorry that you lost your friend, especially the way his life was ended. We just never know what each other has going on inside of them thinking and I guess it's meant to be that way.

Didn't mean to write such a long book, we will pray for you and your friends family and their friends that the Holy Spirit will minister to each daily to give resolve to this situation and help all go forward with their life.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcm15 View Post
    David - I offer the following in memory of your friend and especially his family members; And to you as well my friend.

Bless, O God of eternal life, all who have died by their own hand.
    Grant them peace from their inner turmoil and the compassion of your love.
    Comfort those who mourn their loved ones.
    Strengthen them to face the questions of pain, the guilt and anger, the irreparable loss.
    Help us to reach out in love to others who prefer death to the choices of life
    and to their families who grieve.

I ask this in the name of our Lord Jesus.
    Amen.
    Good Prayer. Marcm. Devoted it here as well.
    Stay Strong Dave.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2