Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A close friend recently ended his life.. his family is hurting.

This is a discussion on A close friend recently ended his life.. his family is hurting. within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; So few will ever know what it's like to help carry the casket of a 20 year old... A few ...

No longer a community member.

A close friend recently ended his life.. his family is hurting.

So few will ever know what it's like to help carry the casket of a 20 year old...

A few of you know that a few weeks back I had to head back to Oakland County for a funeral and was around the area for a week. That's the time I did that newb review that is so low in votes lol (my fault). Anyway, while I've tried to keep it in a lot, the truth is I never really talked about it or vented about the pain it brought me, but more than that the family of my late friend and his friends.. they're hurting quite a bit too. His life just.. there was a lot of shit going on and without getting too much in detail, it just all overloaded him at his weakest point, and he couldn't take it and so he took his life. This is pretty hard on me, the friends and his family. I wasn't even around at the time it happened so I couldn't help even though I would have if I knew.

I've noticed and should apologize for the potentially arrogant and perhaps asshol'ish tendencies I've had the past few weeks and my tendency to argue more than normal. This isn't normal for me but I'm not that good at dealing with this type of thing and so I've had it affect me and my behavior, I want to apologize for that, it was certainly not what I wanted to do, but suffice it to say, it's been hurting me a lot and made me angry, and it's even had me really consider my faith and lose some faith in it as well.. as terrible as that sounds, it's the truth.

I see a lot of people posting things about requesting prayers and good thoughts and so I wondered if I could ask for those prayers as well. What happened has made me angry, it's not something that's easy for me to deal with and that's not fair to others, worse than that it's killing some of the friends and family that were affected as he was their only child. I knew this guy since before I can really remember and he was one of the nicest people I met, wherever he is now.. he's left a significant impact, and it's truly a loss to the world to lose such a guy I think.

I think I talked a bit about myself more than I wanted, but if it's hurting me like this after just over 2 weeks (which is definitely not a lot of time to digest this, especially after being so busy and stressed in my college classes and work) then I can only imagine what it's doing to the family. So any prayers you can offer towards them or myself are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance..

- David.

I'm watching you.

Re: A close friend recently ended his life.. his family is hurting.

I'm so sorry, no one should go through this. You got my prayers, brother.
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

I will be keeping you in my prayers David. It is times like this where you need to rely on your faith for strength and not lose it. Things will come around again. You just have to hold strong. You have my support buddy.
    "A fine cigar should fall apart in your hands like a neurotic woman!" - Fernando

David, I am truly sorry for what you and the family are going through. I want to encourage you to keep your faith. I will commit to be praying for you and for your friend's family.

Thoughts and Prayers Bro. Stay strong and believe that whoever You believe in will help keep you strong. I understand your pain and misplaced anger. My uncle took his life over ten years ago and there is still anger inside of me. All I can suggest is don't let the feelings inside fester. Get em out in a healthy way and take care of yourself. Keep your head up and remember we never go through things alone...we choose to. We all have people we can lean on.

JH

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

I am sorry to hear about your loss. I will be praying for you.

Puffer Fish with many spikes zephead61's Avatar

Thoughts and prayers sent your way Brother. Sorry for your loss. You must talk to friends and family though, and not hold this in. We are all here to listen anytime you need it.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Black 6's Avatar

David, that just plain ****ing sucks. I know i'm new around here, and a total stranger to boot, but I'll keep you in my thoughts, as well as your lost friend and his family.

I'm sorry, man.

words fail.

Thank you to all those who sent their will wishes.

Sorry for you loss David, thoughts and prayers going to you and your friends family!!!
    The Krazy Kanuck

David - I offer the following in memory of your friend and especially his family members; And to you as well my friend.

Bless, O God of eternal life, all who have died by their own hand.
    Grant them peace from their inner turmoil and the compassion of your love.
    Comfort those who mourn their loved ones.
    Strengthen them to face the questions of pain, the guilt and anger, the irreparable loss.
    Help us to reach out in love to others who prefer death to the choices of life
    and to their families who grieve.

I ask this in the name of our Lord Jesus.
    Amen.
    “A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores". - Maxwell Q. Klinger - Mash 4077

Sorry just doesn't seem like enough but I am blank, I am so very sorry though!

David, I have actually been through this exact same thing. My friend was 21 I think at the time. Last friend on earth I would have thought to take his own life. Had a TON of friends, pretty women in his life all the time, played in college sports and set records...........he was just the type of guy that would always make a party a party. He had a smile that would light the room up. He was always a good friend and there to pick you up when you were down.

I was pretty shocked to hear the news. It was about 4 days before Christmas if I remember correctly. I honestly think it was an accident some how.

Point is.................yes, it's very hard to deal with at the time. It took me a while to even be able to sleep through the night. It does get easier, I promise. I even promise that someday, something will remind you of him and you will smile when your thinking about him.

It was so strange for me. I told you that I had a hard time sleeping........................

One night I was dreaming that I was sitting in a church pew all by myself crying, my friend walked up to me and smiled with the big smile he had. He told me Not to cry.

I woke up the next day in disbelief and in total peace. I really felt better and I truely felt that he had really reached out to me somehow.

If you ever need someone to talk to that can relate, by all means, PM me.

Brother, hang in there. It will get better for you.

I promise.
    Last edited by huskers; 10-17-2012 at 11:39 PM.

Removed per request

Thoughts and prayers going to you .

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Prayer sent David may GOD ease your burden!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast