Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sandy: Everyone, PLEASE

This is a discussion on Sandy: Everyone, PLEASE within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Brent, I got back to you on the pm but also fond this link. American Red Cross in South Jersey ...

Re: Sandy: Everyone, PLEASE

Brent, I got back to you on the pm but also fond this link.

American Red Cross in South Jersey seeks donations for Sandy victims | NJ.com

Could be useful for those looking to send relief items to S. Jersey.

on a side note, Dave, I don't disagree with you, was hoping to see more responses as we have some of the most generous people here as members.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaylock View Post
    I don't think that the lack of responses from the membership necessarily reflects the concerns we have, empathy we feel, and help we understand that's needed by those affected by this disaster. Personally, I've send what I felt we could afford many days ago, and we continue to reach down and try to find more ways to help. I have family members, from the Jersey Highlands, staying with us because their home is flooded and they're still without power. Right now, they are grateful for a hot meal and a warm bed.

We're being constantly updated here, by the media, about the current conditions along our coast and in New York. Not a day goes by that we're not drying eyes when we hear fellow Americans crying out for more help.

I appreciate those who are bringing this topic to the forefront, though, and pray that the citizens of our great nation will respond, in any way possible, to reach out to assist those who need our help so desparately.
    Well said Dave.

I believe those that can help have helped every way they can or could. But yet I still believe that people are truly good inside and they don't need broadcast what they have done. I like to call it an "offensive linesman outlook" You block your ass off all game long and the quarterback/running back/receiver get the credit and the T.V. time. Some people just do without having to have the spotlight on them. They may look lets say at a thread like this and send the text or follow the link to help without having to put their name on it.

Thank You Don for making the thread to get people who may not know how.

Jessica Thank you for posting the things that we all take for granted and that these people need.

Marc & Mikael Thanks you for the Info to help the cause.

Tony thank you for sharing your thoughts from someone directly impacted by this storm.

Scott not a personal attack on you cause I do not know you or your situation but just cause people have not posted does not mean they don't care.

"For less than a premium cigar and equal to a couple drinks at the bar you can send $10 to the Red Cross and provide some aid."
    Well said Brent

Jared, I don't disagree....like I said previously, we have some of the most wonderfully generous and great people here as members, I was hoping to hear of other efforts to help as I know when it comes to supporting things whether it is the troops, fellow brothers or sisters in need, etc. we usually get quite a large response, my comments were not meant to insult although they were admittedly on the borderline of inflammatory but not meant to offend. I lost my home to a fire and I know what it feels like to, like these folks, have what seems to be their whole existence erased. No clothes, food, family pictures, just anything to call your own. Thankfully many are alive though and hopefully will be ale to rebuild.

WAMBAM's Quiet Killer joshuarodger's Avatar

$10 sent. Guess I'll be taking a PB&J to work one day this week instead of going out to lunch. I think it's a small price to pay and one that most of us could afford.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

My comments, regarding this thread, were only meant to suggest another perspective. Compassion towards one another comes in many forms; and so often help is given without expections for recognition.

This thread and others like it, needed to be heard. Our members are a generous "bunch"; and I'm certain their 'committment to a cause' will shine once more.
    Last edited by Blaylock; 11-04-2012 at 03:34 PM.

For me personally, I think the lack of replies is simply more of a feeling that this is something that needs no self recognition. What I could send is barely enough to warrant someone to say "hey nice job"... I'm well aware that everybit helps, I simply dont feel any warm and fuzzy's for what I "lost" is nothing in comparison, and I cant even begin to comprehend. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.
    you should see a dr for erections lasting longer than 4 hours, does that apply to e-peens as well?

Great thread Don. It has also moved me. I do not have cable and do not keep current with the news, so this is what i needed. Thanks for putting this out there. Donation sent to Red Cross.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims and their families.
    People say motivation doesn't last ... neither does bathing. Thats why we do it everyday.

Puffer Fish with some spikes ch3rrytw1st's Avatar

I also wanted to thank the OP. I do not have cable (or local news channels for that matter) so this is an eye-opening thread. I used to live in RI and was literally afraid to hear about how bad the damage was there in some parts. My company's HQ is located there. At any rate, it seems that recovery efforts are strong and there is a lot of funding relief provided, but clearly, there are a lot of people suffering and conditions are horrible in some places. My next thought is to pack a bunch of clothes I've been saving to drop in the local charity boxes and send them to RI relief efforts instead. I can afford the expense of one or two large Priority Mail boxes for something like this. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Swany View Post
    Great thread Don. It has also moved me. I do not have cable and do not keep current with the news, so this is what i needed. Thanks for putting this out there. Donation sent to Red Cross.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims and their families.

Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by kapathy View Post
    For me personally, I think the lack of replies is simply more of a feeling that this is something that needs no self recognition. What I could send is barely enough to warrant someone to say "hey nice job"... I'm well aware that everybit helps, I simply dont feel any warm and fuzzy's for what I "lost" is nothing in comparison, and I cant even begin to comprehend. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.
    Thank you for stating how I feel Kevin.
    The vermin SOTL bomber is back, have a nice day!....

I'm watching you.

I don't see this thread as an "attaboy" and I hope others don't either-- so forgive me if it comes across that way. So much help is needed I don't think everyone realizes how even a small box of toiletries, $10 or even a box of clothes can make a difference. I think this was more of a call to action than posting about what you can and can't do.
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

I agree Jess.

No, that is not what my post was implying. My post was more of my explanation why I think people are not posting.
    you should see a dr for erections lasting longer than 4 hours, does that apply to e-peens as well?

Thanks for this guys, means a lot
    My area is considered a disaster area but while I lost a lot, we're all alive and still have a house that's standing, albeit with some water in it lol
    Veni Vidi Vici

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loulax07 View Post
    My area is considered a disaster area but while I lost a lot, we're all alive and still have a house that's standing, albeit with some water in it lol
    That's the most important thing Lou my prayers are with you and yours!
    Objects are just that and replaceable!
    People are not!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by loulax07 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyBrooklyn View Post
    That's the most important thing Lou my prayers are with you and yours!
    Objects are just that and replaceable!
    People are not!
    Lou My thoughts and prayer go out to you and your. But like Tony said Things can be replaced...Loved one can not.

Well said Tony!!! Thought to You and yours also!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast