Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sandy: Everyone, PLEASE

This is a discussion on Sandy: Everyone, PLEASE within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by Hall25 Lou My thoughts and prayer go out to you and your. But like Tony said Things ...

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Re: Sandy: Everyone, PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by Hall25 View Post
    Lou My thoughts and prayer go out to you and your. But like Tony said Things can be replaced...Loved one can not.

Well said Tony!!! Thought to You and yours also!!!
    Thanks Jared!
    GOD BLESS you and yours as well!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by jphank View Post
    I don't see this thread as an "attaboy" and I hope others don't either-- so forgive me if it comes across that way. So much help is needed I don't think everyone realizes how even a small box of toiletries, $10 or even a box of clothes can make a difference. I think this was more of a call to action than posting about what you can and can't do.
    Plus I am sure some people are involved, however, staying anonymous, not necessarily reporting to Puff.
    For instance, my parents are in their 70's and still have no electric, which includes heat. So they are displaced. I found out my Brother's house has damage that requires two large blue tarps. My sister lost her chimney. She just got power today. Some of my relatives I cannot talk to. It's like the stone age. I cannot talk to them, however I have relayed messages to others, who can. And I get updates back.
    Believe me , I care. Just didn't throw it out there. But to demonstrate my point.... there ya go...

You guys and gals do have a heart of gold over here...
    Last edited by Bondo 440; 11-04-2012 at 07:41 PM.

Thanks guys. The support I've received has been amazing. A BOTL actually sent me his ph num and address in case my wife and baby needed heat and food. I can't believe the generosity. Not sure when I'll be able to live at my house but it will be a work in progress and thank god my main floor is ok. Once we have power and a boiler that works, we can prob move in. That is, unless there is a bad smell or mold in the air.
    But against thanks to all.
    Veni Vidi Vici

My folks are down in S. jersey. A few of you have called or tested me where to and donations. Here is a good place.

King of Kings Community Church
    1000 North Main Street
    Manahawkin, New Jersey 08050
    (609) 597-7177

Hurricane Sandy Relief - Shore Up! New Jersey
    King of Kings has opened it's doors wide to bring hope and healing to the good people of Ocean County. In a time when families have lost everything and a community is still trying to make sense of our new reality, we have experienced an outpouring of love near and far. We are operating at more than full capacity, exhausting all resources and personnel. We have seen so many volunteers come from the community and our church is flooded with donations. We are housing and feeding families three meals a day. Volunteer work crews are coming in from all over the country being housed by partnering churches while eating meals and taking showers at King of Kings. We are not alone in our efforts. We are in collaboration with Southern Ocean County Community Resource Center, Souther Ocean Churches & Christ in Action. While we are experiencing a wave of generosity we need your financial help to keep Shore Up NJ running. We need help with our utilities, water, building and staffing needs. We thank you for your help and we ask you for more. Join us in our relief effort and restore hope to families in the face of devastating loss.
    Please give $10, $25, $50, $100's and $1000's to restore hope and bring healing.

Thank you for partnering with us.

Thank you.
    SW

FYI, this is for sending donations, not necessarily monetary....I felt it was in bad taste to include the last line, I didn't read the whole thing before pasting it.
    i have no affiliation with this group but they will get families toothbrushes, shampoo, etc. the necessities.

keep the donations going folks! every little bit helps.

I too have sent clothes and money, but it is frustrating to not be able to help...
    I will continue to lift up my thoughts and prayers.
    Dafiddla
    "What Could be Finer, than a Spanish Cedar Liner?"

The Red Cross texting option is always a good idea. As another convenient way to give to Red Cross you can add donations to your amazon cart here
    Amazon.com: Disaster Relief: Hurricane Sandy
    And thanks Jessica for the ideas.
    Just incase anyone is reading this but not going back through all the post ill post it again
    You can easily give 10$ to Red Cross by texting "red cross" to 90999

I've held off posting re Sandy but I have contributed what I thought was just. Don't slow down people, the human spirit will not be bridled.

Here is something played by a fellow West Australian and done much better than I could ever do.

Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by hawesg View Post
    The Red Cross texting option is always a good idea. As another convenient way to give to Red Cross you can add donations to your amazon cart here
    Amazon.com: Disaster Relief: Hurricane Sandy
    And thanks Jessica for the ideas.
    Just incase anyone is reading this but not going back through all the post ill post it again
    You can easily give 10$ to Red Cross by texting "red cross" to 90999
    I thought the website was pretty straightforward for those who want to do it that way. Especially if you have a PP account. As someone else said though, just make sure you don't check the 'monthly donation' checkbox unless you want to do it that way. The default is not checked, so you actually have to check the box for that to happen...

also donating blood would be huge.... not sure how the medical field is going to be impacted by this
    you should see a dr for erections lasting longer than 4 hours, does that apply to e-peens as well?

Disinterested

I was certainly not impugning the character of our members here, which I hold in the highest esteem. I was simply commenting on what I see as an almost global trend of people no longer feeling as "connected" and personally responsible for one another, as I perceive they once did.

Again, Puff members have answered the call and it's clear that many of us are doing as much as we can to ease the pain of those in need. I had occasion to talk with both Scott and Tony yesterday and they 'filled me in' on the circumstances up there. Speaking to both of them reminded me, not just of the urgency of current circumstances, but reinforced the perspective that this is going to take months, if not years to fully recover from. Point being, I am now tempted to check that box on the Red Cross website, making my donations monthly.

Thanks to everyone who's already taken the time to respond to this thread. Thanks to all who've offered up the outstanding suggestions on just how to focus our efforts. And, thanks to all who've perhaps not posted, but who are quietly participating in helping out our fellow Americans.

Please, let's not let this lose momentum. It will be a long time before life in New England even begins to appear normal, so let's keep the victims in our thoughts, prayers and check books, until it does.

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

One thought:

If you consider donating to the Red Cross, please consider donating as a general donation, and not specifying "Sandy." Often times groups like Red Cross and World Vision have an outpouring of donations for specific causes, like Sandy, but many times a lot of those donations come from people who already give on a regular basis. Marking the funds for "Sandy" prohibits them from applying funds elsewhere, and most of these organizations do lots of work in a lot of places, which leaves them cash-strapped for some efforts, and overly-endowed for others. So, let the organization decide how best to use the funds, if you can!
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

I'm watching you.

The NYC Blood Center is 6,000+ units of blood down and the whole region is hurting for supply

https://www.facebook.com/newyorkbloodcenter

https://drm.nybloodcenter.org/public...veLocator.aspx
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

Quote Originally Posted by scottw View Post
    It's a little upsetting that in 91 views we have 4 or 5 replies. If his was someone posting a DC # or announcing that the are or have bombed someone, it would be filled with replies.
    Scott, I understand your upset, but please don't assume that just because we haven't replied here it doesn't mean we have not done something to help in whatever way that may be.
    Say yah, eh

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast