Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

R.I.P

This is a discussion on R.I.P within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; This is very sad for Christs sake he's just a kid himself!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very glad the child escaped harm ...

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

R.I.P

This is very sad for Christs sake he's just a kid himself!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am very glad the child escaped harm as many times these things end much worse!!!
    Police: Chiefs' Belcher accused in murder-suicide

By DAVE SKRETTA, AP
    1 hour ago

FILE - In this Dec. 19, 2010, file photo, Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jova...

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher fatally shot his girlfriend early Saturday, then drove to Arrowhead Stadium and committed suicide in front of his coach and general manager.
    Authorities did not release a possible motive for the murder-suicide, though police said that Belcher and his girlfriend had been arguing recently. The two of them have an infant child.
    Belcher thanked general manager Scott Pioli and coach Romeo Crennel before shooting himself in the parking lot outside the team's practice facility, police spokesman Darin Snapp said. Police had locked it down by mid-morning and reporters were confined to Arrowhead Drive just outside the gates.
    The news cast a pall over the organization as it prepared to play the Carolina Panthers on Sunday. There was no official word whether the game would be played as scheduled.
    Belcher was a 25-year-old native of West Babylon, N.Y., on Long Island, who played college ball at Maine. He signed with the Chiefs an undrafted free agent but had stuck around for four years, moving into the starting lineup. He'd played in all 11 games this season.
    ``I struggle a little bit, obviously, because Jovan Belcher's profile elevates the subject,'' Kansas City Mayor Sly James said. ``I hope people will look at the situation and try not to judge the person. There are a lot of people hurting. There's a young baby right now without parents.''
    Authorities reported receiving a call Saturday morning from a woman who said her daughter had been shot multiple times at a residence about five miles away from the Arrowhead complex.
    ``When we arrived, a lady informed us that her daughter had been shot multiple times by her boyfriend, by the daughter's boyfriend,'' Snapp said.
    Snapp said a call was then received from the Chiefs' facility.
    ``The description matched the suspect description from that other address. We kind of knew what we were dealing with,'' Snapp said. The player was ``holding a gun to his head'' as he stood in front of the front doors of the practice facility.
    ``And there were Pioli and Crennel and another coach or employee was standing outside and appeared to be talking to him. It appeared they were talking to the suspect,'' Snapp said. ``The suspect began to walk in the opposite direction of the coaches and the officers and that's when they heard the gunshot. It appears he took his own life.''
    The coaches told police they never felt in any danger, Snapp said.
    ``They said the player was actually thanking them for everything they'd done for him,'' he said. ``They were just talking to him and he was thanking them and everything. That's when he walked away and shot himself.''
    Snapp described the girlfriend as in her early 20s and that she and the player had a child together. He said the woman's mother told police they had recently been arguing.
    ``We can confirm that there was an incident at Arrowhead earlier this morning,'' the Chiefs said in a statement. ``We are cooperating with authorities in their investigation.''
    James said that he spoke to Pioli after the incident, and while he refused to discuss the GM's emotional state, the mayor said Pioli was ``extremely concerned that fans of this team are not disappointed and not left in the cold.''
    ``I think they think there's an obligation to the people of this city, the fans of the team and the fans of the other team to play the game,'' James said.
    The season has been a massive disappointment for the Chiefs, who were expected to contend for the AFC West title. They're just 1-10 and mired in an eight-game losing streak marked by injuries, poor play and fan upheaval, with calls for Pioli and Crennel to be fired.
    The Twitter account for a fan group known as ``Save Our Chiefs'' recently surpassed 80,000 followers, about 17,000 more than the announced crowd at a recent game.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

No longer a community member.

Re: R.I.P

The incident is a tragedy what really pisses me off is how people are concerned with the Chiefs play ability on the field as a result of this. THAT is awful. I feel like the teams ability on the field is an entirely inappropriate topic for this article. I'm probably looking at this wrong and over reacting but that is the thought that went through my mind as I read this. It is fortunate that the child is physically unharmed and he will he in my thoughts and prayers.

Its not just you i thought the same thing. In a time like this you think some would give it a rest. Or the team mates would step up and take care of the child!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Update on this sad event!
    May GOD have mercy on their souls!

New details emerge in Jovan Belcher murder-suicide

By Brian McIntyre | Shutdown Corner – 23 hours ago

Details of Jovan Belcher's final hours emerge (Getty Images)
    The Kansas City Star has uncovered the details of the events that led Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher to murder Kasandra Perkins, his 22-year-old girlfriend and mother of their 3-month-old daughter, before taking his own life in front of GM Scott Pioli, head coach Romeo Crennel and linebackers coach Gary Gibbs at Chiefs headquarters on Saturday.
    According to the report, the couple had argued over relationship and financial issues for months before the tragic events unfolded on Saturday. The Chiefs were aware of the off-field issues that their 25-year-old linebacker was having and "were bending over backwards" to help Belcher, Police Sgt. Richard Sharp said.
    [Related: Charles, Perkins, Belcher families open up about murder-suicide]
    The couple argued early Saturday morning after Perkins attended a Trey Songz concert and had drinks with friends, while Belcher reportedly "partied" in Kansas City's Power & Light District on Friday night. According to the Associated Press, police found Belcher asleep in his car outside an apartment building at nearly 3 a.m. Belcher said he was there to visit his girlfriend, but she wasn't home. After police determined that Belcher had no warrants, he made a phone call and was let into the building by a woman.
    According to the AP report, Belcher stayed at that apartment until 6:30 a.m. Upon his arrival back at his home, Belcher and Perkins argued again, with Belcher's mother hearing her son say something along the lines of "You can't talk to me like that" before pulling the trigger.
    From the Kansas City Star:
    Seconds after fatally shooting his longtime girlfriend, Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher leaned over her in their master bathroom, said he was sorry and kissed her on the forehead.
    His mother, who heard gunfire as she stood in the kitchen, rushed to her son's bedroom and watched his remorseful goodbye.
    Belcher apologized to his mother, kissed his 3-month-old daughter and fled his rented home in the 5400 block of Crysler Avenue in his Bentley.
    The report goes on to state that Belcher drove the five miles to the team's headquarters, where he met Pioli in the parking lot. Belcher exited his vehicle with a gun pointed at his head and told Pioli that he had killed his girlfriend. Belcher, who signed with the Chiefs as an undrafted free agent out of the University of Maine, thanked Pioli for all he had done for him and asked that he and owner Clark Hunt look after his daughter.
    Pioli and Crennel attempted to dissuade Belcher from committing suicide, but as police closed in, Belcher reportedly said "I got to go...I can't be here" before kneeling down behind a vehicle, making the sign of the cross and firing a single bullet into his head.
    Related news from Yahoo! Sports:
    Jimi Hendrix