My wife and I are trying to purchase our first house. We have had our eye on a very nice 3 bedroom home just a few blocks away from where we live now. It was a foreclosure so the price was very tantalizing. We started the negotiations with the bank that owns it back in October. It has been an interesting experience, as are most foreclosure sells from want I understand. We had an accepted offer and were waiting on some bids for some repairs that need done to it in order to qualify for our particular loan.
Wednesday of last week we get a call from our realtor saying he just spoke to the selling agent and thinks it would be wise to withdraw our offer. The reason was because the bank who owns it hired their own people to come in and fix stuff without telling their realtor or talking to us about prices and compensation yada yada. Well we whole heartily agreed and withdrew in order to avoid any fights over who had to pay what. I totally expected no one to be there working on the house after we withdrew the bid, but sure enough Thursday and Friday there were 4 guys working on it.
Monday of this week the realtor gets an email from the bank saying our offer (which was already withdrawn) was rejected. Weird? We look at this house again on Tuesday (yesterday) to see what the workers did and found they only did half the list of things needing completed. We sign paper work again reissuing the same bid that we had pulled out last week. When our guy calls the selling realtor she says "You should be aware they just dropped the price on the house again for $100 less than this offer.
We decided to keep the bid the same and try to get them to do the repairs needed with out us having to pay as much for them. My wife just called a bit ago to tell me some other people are looking at the house today so.....bring on the crap fest that is bidding against other people. So now I am glad we have our bid what it is because I am banking on the other people to bid below asking price and hopefully make our offer look better!
I don't know how many people at the bank are involved in this house, but no one seems to be communicating with each other.
If this goes through that is great. If not we will just have to accept it as God's plan and wait for something better. Either way I would really appreciate any prayers for Favor and for the right thing to happen for us!