Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

House Wars

This is a discussion on House Wars within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; My wife and I are trying to purchase our first house. We have had our eye on a very nice ...

House Wars

My wife and I are trying to purchase our first house. We have had our eye on a very nice 3 bedroom home just a few blocks away from where we live now. It was a foreclosure so the price was very tantalizing. We started the negotiations with the bank that owns it back in October. It has been an interesting experience, as are most foreclosure sells from want I understand. We had an accepted offer and were waiting on some bids for some repairs that need done to it in order to qualify for our particular loan.

Wednesday of last week we get a call from our realtor saying he just spoke to the selling agent and thinks it would be wise to withdraw our offer. The reason was because the bank who owns it hired their own people to come in and fix stuff without telling their realtor or talking to us about prices and compensation yada yada. Well we whole heartily agreed and withdrew in order to avoid any fights over who had to pay what. I totally expected no one to be there working on the house after we withdrew the bid, but sure enough Thursday and Friday there were 4 guys working on it.

Monday of this week the realtor gets an email from the bank saying our offer (which was already withdrawn) was rejected. Weird? We look at this house again on Tuesday (yesterday) to see what the workers did and found they only did half the list of things needing completed. We sign paper work again reissuing the same bid that we had pulled out last week. When our guy calls the selling realtor she says "You should be aware they just dropped the price on the house again for $100 less than this offer.

We decided to keep the bid the same and try to get them to do the repairs needed with out us having to pay as much for them. My wife just called a bit ago to tell me some other people are looking at the house today so.....bring on the crap fest that is bidding against other people. So now I am glad we have our bid what it is because I am banking on the other people to bid below asking price and hopefully make our offer look better!

I don't know how many people at the bank are involved in this house, but no one seems to be communicating with each other.

If this goes through that is great. If not we will just have to accept it as God's plan and wait for something better. Either way I would really appreciate any prayers for Favor and for the right thing to happen for us!
    "A fine cigar should fall apart in your hands like a neurotic woman!" - Fernando

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Re: House Wars

Such is the way with foreclosures in this day and age. I'll be hoping things turn out for the better for you guys.
    It's a trap!

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

GOD works in mysterious ways sit back relax best of luck!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Puffer Fish with many spikes Arizona Dave's Avatar

J. Drew, we'll keep you in our prayers. God's way is always the right way, even though it may not seem like it at the time sometimes. When you look back on this in a few years, you'll see his hand in everything.

Just an update...we signed all the papers tonight and are in contract again! Thanks for your prayers.
    "A fine cigar should fall apart in your hands like a neurotic woman!" - Fernando

Puffer Fish with many spikes Arizona Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. Drew View Post
    Just an update...we signed all the papers tonight and are in contract again! Thanks for your prayers.
    Awesome! PTL!
    Would rather roll my own premium cigar from Whole leaf tobacco, than waste it on inferior blends that cost 3 to 5 times as much. More money in the bank