Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

These poor innocent kids

This is a discussion on These poor innocent kids within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; just heard about this, still cant believe someone could be capable of doing that to small innocent children...

Puffer Fish with many spikes mike91LX's Avatar

Re: These poor innocent kids

just heard about this, still cant believe someone could be capable of doing that to small innocent children

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Tarks's Avatar

Disgusting.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the families.

Quote Originally Posted by chris1360 View Post
    Prayers go out to the officers, and fire fighters who when to the scene. As an Officer myself I know how hard it can be to carry on after seeing such a thing. Keep strong brothers, and remember, Someone has to go in when the bullets are flying, might as well be us!
    Chris - I am retired now but worked for 27 years in law enforcement. Those of us that respond to these events often hurt for years afterward. I hope any First Responder that feels the need to reach out finds it within themselves to get the help they need so we don't see a tragedy built upon a tragedy. This senseless act of violence is even more heart wrenching because it involves children making it harder then ever to deal with.

When a child loses their parents they are called orphans, when a spouse loses their partner they are called widows or widowers but there is no name for a parent who loses a child because its simply NOT supposed to ever happen...
    “A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores". - Maxwell Q. Klinger - Mash 4077

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loulax07 View Post
    Tired of hearing everyone preach about gun control now and if it were stricter this may not have happened
    That's completely bs and annoys the shyt out of me
    Gun control is shooting with two hands!
    If every law biding citizen that worked in that school concealed carried that perp would have been dead before he killed any innocent children.
    When you dis arm law biding citizens with stupid restrictive gun laws you open the door for these lunatics. Ever hear of a shooting at a gun show? Or a police station?
    Come-on America take you head out of the sand!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by loulax07 View Post
    Tired of hearing everyone preach about gun control now and if it were stricter this may not have happened
    That's completely bs and annoys the shyt out of me
    The responsibility for this cowardly act falls squarely upon the shoulders of the shooter and nowhere else. Anyone attempting to place blame on anyone or anything else is looking for an excuse to further an agenda... The shooter planned this act and carried it out period. There are NO other factors that need to be considered when placing blame. I don't care if he had a bad childhood, or was abused, or his mother was having an affair with the Principal, its all irrelevant and should carry no weight in placing the blame where it belongs.
    “A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores". - Maxwell Q. Klinger - Mash 4077

Quote Originally Posted by Marcm15 View Post
    Chris - I am retired now but worked for 27 years in law enforcement. Those of us that respond to these events often hurt for years afterward. I hope any First Responder that feels the need to reach out finds it within themselves to get the help they need so we don't see a tragedy built upon a tragedy. This senseless act of violence is even more heart wrenching because it involves children making it harder then ever to deal with.

When a child loses their parents they are called orphans, when a spouse loses their partner they are called widows or widowers but there is no name for a parent who loses a child because its simply NOT supposed to ever happen...
    I agree 100%. My heart goes out to anyone who had to view that crime scene. I have been first responder to many shooting scenes(spec ops. so we have to go in first) and when there are children involved it bring you to level of somber, anger, and grief that most people can even imagine.

I feel so bad for the teachers, students, and staff that will have to return to that school, and relive this horrendous scene every time they walk into the building.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

I can't even watch the news reports the fact that its children turns my stomach.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

I grew up not far from there.

What can you possibly say when something this senseless, tragic and downright evil happens? It's truly horrifying. I just pray for all those poor families of the victims. What kind of Christmas will they have? It just breaks your heart.

Re gun control. Not long ago in Denver a drunk lady drove her pick-up into a Baskin-Robbins ice cream shop and killed some people. Not one politician blamed pick-up trucks. It wasn't the tool that committed this crime, it was the person!
    "The sky might not be falling but the clouds are rolling in and freedom is on the run." tpharkman ..,, "The future ain't what it used to be." Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBrooklyn View Post
    Amen!
    I tried to bump ya but i gotta spread it around!
    Got him for ya.
    "The sky might not be falling but the clouds are rolling in and freedom is on the run." tpharkman ..,, "The future ain't what it used to be." Yogi Berra

Alpha Puffer Fish

First - I pray the families of the lost have the strength to survive the great grief that has befallen them - I know of a family that was destroyed by the loss of a child - the unfounded feelings of guilt turned blame distorted their loss to the point of near insanity - a parent can never grasp that they outlived their child, they're grief must be horrific - may they find peace, but only time and strength can heal them.

Second - may the parents of the children that survived have the great wisdom to guide their small ones through this incomprehensible time in their lives - to help them get past this gently and with supreme patience and understanding that someday this is far behind them and a distant memory - they have their work cut out for them - for many years to come - may they have strength...

I'm not a religious person - but I am a father

OH AND ON GUN CONTROL - this guy broke a half a dozen laws committing this crime - carrying, transporting, non-permitted, underage, etc. etc. etc. - explain the law that would have completely prevented the will to kill another human by what ever means...
    Last edited by FWTX; 12-15-2012 at 12:14 AM.

WAMBAM's Quiet Killer joshuarodger's Avatar

the worst tragedy in america since 9/11. one of the saddest and most vulgar things i have ever heard about.

First and Foremost My thoughts and prayers go out to all those involved. May the Lord grant them his serenity and healing.
    The fact that most of the victims are children is beyond tragic.
    The paper pushers and talking heads will pontificate about what could've been done to prevent this tragedy. They will settle on the manufacturer of the guns and the owners of the gun shops anything to further the agenda. What they should be discussing is the fact that there was no SRO in the school. As a society we have an extremely short term memory. Columbine was a huge catalyst for change and then the real world got in the way and it was an easy thing to cut. It is madness, as an ex SRO and a current patrol ofc. as well as a swat member it baffles me. ok sorry I'm off the just so difficult to see such tragedy and KNOW it may have been prevented.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their bed at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Alpha Puffer Fish

What is an SRO and would that have saved the principle? If an SRO is an armed guard in front of first graders - I'm no-go there...
    Columbine is the crown jewel of the Michael Moore abolish all guns nut-people you know...
    Last edited by FWTX; 12-15-2012 at 12:37 AM.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Tumadre99's Avatar

This is just too sad. To all those affected, I'm sorry for everything.

Maturing Puffer Fish Phreebooter's Avatar

As a father, citizen, and military service member, I just don't have the words to describe such profound sadness.

I find it so damn hard to believe that I was safer that day in a combat zone than the children at that school. It just shouldn't be that way. Ordered my troops to half-mast our flag this morning to symbolize our Nation's grief. May God bless them, their families, and their community. My prayers are with them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast