Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Today I honor a Brother in Blue

This is a discussion on Today I honor a Brother in Blue within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; It was 2 years ago today that my Brother in Blue John Falcone ran his final call in defense of ...

Today I honor a Brother in Blue

It was 2 years ago today that my Brother in Blue John Falcone ran his final call in defense of his city. I honor his memory today and every year on this day so as not to let his ultimate sacrifice be forgotten.

On the day he died Detective Falcone responded to a "Shots Fired" call and witnessed a deranged man execute his wife and run from a vehicle with his small child in his arms still armed with the weapon. He gave chase and was able to wrestle the baby away from the armed man before being shot and killed. He intentionally placed himself in harms way and sacrificed himself to free the baby knowing he would be exposing himself to lethal gunfire. His actions were selfless and clearly saved the life of that little baby. Rest in Peace my Brother we have the watch from here.

Saint Michael the Archangel,
    defend us in battle.
    Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
    by the Divine Power of God -
    cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
    who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.Amen.

“A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores". - Maxwell Q. Klinger - Mash 4077

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Re: Today I honor a Brother in Blue

I remember the story well the man was a true hero!
    May he R.I.P eternally!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

God bless men like this. He was a true saint.

Puffer Fish with many spikes nfusion770's Avatar

Your brother was a true a hero, Marc.
    He's thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?

Puffer Fish with many spikes RayJax's Avatar

His ultimate sacrifice will never be forgotten based on brothers like you.

I was not familiar with the story so I looked it up. An amazing story of selfless courage that saved the life on an innocent baby.

Every time I hear a story like this it brings me to tears as one of my friends/co-workers died in the line of duty Feb 16, 2012.

Thank you so much for posting this up, you, your department, Det. Falcone, and his family have been added to my prayer list.