Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Lost a Great Soldier, A Great Coach, and a Great Man

This is a discussion on Lost a Great Soldier, A Great Coach, and a Great Man within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; To my friends, I got off the phone with my mother a little while ago, she was quite upset. She ...

Lost a Great Soldier, A Great Coach, and a Great Man

To my friends,

I got off the phone with my mother a little while ago, she was quite upset. She informed me that Mr. Albert Palmieri passed earlier this week. Albert or "Albee" as we all called him was a Veteran of the Vietnam War, a family friend and my Little League Coach. He was also the Commander of the American Legion Post 171 which my father and I were members.

I really don't know how to express my feelings for this loss, he was such a good man. His service to this country and to his fellow soldiers didn't end with him coming home from Vietnam, he contributed time, money and effort to numerous causes involving the US Military and our local church growing up (still did at the time of his passing). I have known this man since I was 2 years old and never heard a bad or offensive thing come out of his mouth. He made it his life's work to give to his community and this country even though by the time he was my age, he had given so much as it was. I wish we had a million more like him. His wife retired 2 days prior to his death and he had his 2nd grandchild a week before. The plans they made for their future will never come to fruition.

Please pray for their family and give thanks to a man that even though you don't know him, you would have loved as much as I do. I could cry right now thinking about this but I know he would call me a wimp.
    God Bless you always Brave Soldier, My coach and my friend.

Thanks.

SW

Veterans Advocate Albee Palmieri Dead at 64 - Fair Lawn-Saddle Brook, NJ Patch

I'm totally serious, dude B-daddy's Avatar

Re: Lost a Great Soldier, A Great Coach, and a Great Man

So sorry for your loss.

You are a living legacy to the man. You represent yourself in a way that would make him proud. You demonstrate that his interaction with you, made you a better man. Find peace in this.
    "24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?" -- Steven Wright

Elder Puffer Fish Leader fuente~fuente's Avatar

Sorry to hear that Scott... At least his memories & legacy live on through his friends like you.
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie
    Coming at you from the Dirty Dirty...

Puffer Fish with many spikes RayJax's Avatar

Very sorry to hear about your loss. Sounds like an unbelievable America.

You, your family, and your friend will be added to my prayers.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader piperdown's Avatar

Scott, very sorry to hear that. Prayers to you and yours.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

Sorry to hear that Scott, thoughts go out to you and his family.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

Thanks for the kind words guys....he was a great one. I'm going to see the family tomorrow.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Jeez i am sorry how did i miss this R.I.P soldier!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix