Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Lost my Mom

This is a discussion on Lost my Mom within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. We appreciate them. It was a rough week last week and on ...

Puffer Fish with many spikes Wineador's Avatar

Re: Lost my Mom

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. We appreciate them. It was a rough week last week and on Friday it got even worse, We had a violent storm roll through and one of our big trees took out our private power pole and all power to the property and shop. Ugh. We've spent the weekend at hotels and are at a friends house now. Just came back from our place and the electricians finally got the new pole and components installed so now we are waiting for the utilities company to come out and string the new wire. An absolute mess....and not even all of the story..Wife told me oil light came on in my truck so she shut it down instantly (thankfully at the house) so after directing traffic for several hours around the live wire across the road Friday I look and find out my truck is just spewing oil from somewhere at the front of the engine......just one more headache to pile on me this week.
    I've been trying to stay in touch will everyone with orders and all those with thoughts and prayers via our cell phone and just today got a little access to the web at a friends, so I wanted to pop in and tell folks, if i missed something, it's not intentional and with a little luck from above the power guys will have the new wire up tonight and we'll be back to full speed tomorrow. I'll have a ton ef emails to get caught up with, but i'll get through them all.
    Thanks again for all your support.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes JustinThyme's Avatar

When it rains it pours.
    Sorry to hear of the piled on misfortune.
    Good news about your truck, if its spewing from the front its the front seal which is relatively easy to replace. Last one I did took me about 30 minutes.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstein

We just went through this with my mother in Jersey, earlier this year. I wish you and your family well, Forrest.
    Hang tight and support each other. You're in our prayers. Weather the storm, ( albeit literally) you'll get through.
    Kitty Litter Convert #KL1245

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2