Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My Treasure

This is a discussion on My Treasure within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I can't tell you all how much your thoughts and well wishes mean to me. Like I said earlier, I'm ...

Disinterested

Re: My Treasure

I can't tell you all how much your thoughts and well wishes mean to me. Like I said earlier, I'm not usually a particularly emotional guy, but Jerry's the game changer for me. Just knowing that you guys sincerely care about his well being means a lot.

Yesterdays visit rendered another positive report. His lungs have cleared more, but still not completely, so the cardio put him on another med, in addition to the three he's already on. She said that as strong as he is and as well as he's doing, she's not inclined to get them totally clear, since the meds can stress liver and kidneys. She also said that, were he human, he'd be bed-ridden, but he just bounces around like a 4 year old. His blood work actually showed improvement in both kidney and liver function, which they weren't even expecting. It's all just a testament to his strength, resilience and loyalty. Each time he's had an incident, I've always told him, "stay with daddy, buddy, you gotta stay with daddy".

And, that's just what he's doing.

Disinterested

Jerry has taken a turn for the... as bad as it can get.

I took him in a month early for his cardio follow-up, because he seemed a little lethargic and was increasingly less interested in food. His - God bless her - cardiologist said, his heart and lungs look the same as they did 6 months ago. She talked about his other symptoms possibly being due to a bowel obstruction, but also possibly pancreatitis. She recommended we see how he did through the weekend, because he's always proven to be so strong, but if he didn't rally, bring him back Monday.

By 1000 Sunday, he was spiraling downward. I called and decided to take him in for emergency evaluation.

My friends, I just left him and it doesn't look good. He probably won't make it through the night. His cardiologist actually drove into the hospital on Sunday to look at him and referred him to the best internal medicine guy they have, "he's been at this longer than I've been alive."

Please, leave me out of this. But, whatever it is you do; pray, dance in the moonlight, whisper to the rivers... please do it for Jerry. I'm fortunate that everyone at Virginia Tech 'gets him', recognizes him for just how special and extraordinary a being he is and that he has the very best care available on the planet. Just please, send a little good will his way. He is so weary from this fight.

Thank you.

Disinterested

I took him in a month early for his cardio follow-up, because he seemed a little lethargic and was increasingly less interested in food. His - God bless her - cardiologist said, his heart and lungs look the same as they did 6 months ago. She talked about his other symptoms possibly being due to a bowel obstruction, but also possibly pancreatitis. She recommended we see how he did through the weekend, because he's always proven to be so strong, but if he didn't rally, bring him back Monday.

By 1000 Sunday, he was spiraling downward. I called and decided to take him in for emergency evaluation.

My friends, I just left him and it doesn't look good. He probably won't make it through the night. His cardiologist actually drove into the hospital on Sunday to look at him and referred him to the best internal medicine guy they have, "he's been at this longer than I've been alive." His kidneys are beginning to fail...

Please, leave me out of this; I ask for nothing for me. But, whatever it is you do; pray, dance in the moonlight, whisper to the rivers... please do it for Jerry. I'm fortunate that everyone at Virginia Tech 'gets him', recognizes him for just how special and extraordinary a being he is and that he has the very best care available on the planet. Just please, send a little good will his way. He is so weary from this fight.

Thank you.

Don my friend, this is news t hat is most unfortunate. You and I have spoken at length about Jerry and I know how much he means to you. Sending prayers your way for you to get through this and most importantly, that Jerry will suffer no longer.

Dogs welcome, people.... Mokano's Avatar

Words aren't enough. May he go gentle into the good night. And my heart and prayers goes out to you who will learn to live without his unconditional love and companionship. Some dogs are truly once in a lifetime companions.
    Manifesto: Do good work. Stay noble. Every problem can be solved. Less is always an option. Don't be afraid to say no. Be perfectly clear. Never lie.

Young Fish

Truly man's best friend! Sorry for your lose.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader teedles915's Avatar

Consider it done Don!!
    It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues- Abraham Lincoln

Leading Puffer Fish

I'm so sorry to hear this Don. I can't imagine how difficult this is for you. My thoughts are with him.

No longer a community member.

I'm really sorry to hear this, Don! Jerry has always been such a friendly guy when I've had the chance to be around him. Prayers sent.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Don, very sorry to hear...keep us posted...and prayers for you both...
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

Alpha Puffer Fish Cigar-Enthusiast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herf N Turf View Post

My friends, I just left him and it doesn't look good. He probably won't make it through the night. His cardiologist actually drove into the hospital on Sunday to look at him and referred him to the best internal medicine guy they have, "he's been at this longer than I've been alive." His kidneys are beginning to fail...

Please, leave me out of this; I ask for nothing for me. But, whatever it is you do; pray, dance in the moonlight, whisper to the rivers... please do it for Jerry. I'm fortunate that everyone at Virginia Tech 'gets him', recognizes him for just how special and extraordinary a being he is and that he has the very best care available on the planet. Just please, send a little good will his way. He is so weary from this fight.

Thank you.
    Hey Don I'm terribly sorry to hear that about Jerry. You got my prayers coming in brother!

I will Continue to pray for him Don.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their bed at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish edwardsdigital's Avatar

Sorry to hear he's not doing well. I hope for the best for both of you.

Disinterested

My life companion, my most beloved friend, my constant, my touchstone, gift and treasure, passed last night. If love could have saved him, he would have lived forever. Rest in peace, Baby Boy. Daddy loves you.

Jerry DeBusk 12/23/2003 - 6/19/2014

Ruler Of The Galaxy Emperor Zurg's Avatar

Sorry to hear that man.
    You never think of all this when you bring home a puppy... that in ~15 years you're going to be pretty attached and he's going to be at the end of his life. My dog died a couple years back and I don't think I'll be getting another.
    there is no folly of the beast of the earth which is not infinitely outdone by the madness of men

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast