Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My Treasure

This is a discussion on My Treasure within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; "Speak kind to me dear master, for our time together is short" -your dog After several fainting spells, my boy ...

Disinterested

My Treasure

"Speak kind to me dear master, for our time together is short" -your dog

After several fainting spells, my boy was diagnosed with congestive heart failure last week. Congenital mitral valve prelapse. The cardiologist said, "it's a testament to how strong he is, that we're just finding it now.

Jerome John Garcia DeBusk, Kennel Club name, Saruts Silver Lining, was born on my mother's birthday, 12-23-2003. I took him home seven weeks later.

I'd give anything if you could meet him. Not a soul who's ever met him hasn't immediately fallen in love with him and recognized his extraordinary character.

When I got him in England, I had a lot of free time. We went everywhere together and did everything together. I had to go black ops to get him out of the country, because the horrible witch I lived with had forged my signature on his papers and reregistered him in her name. He is in my dreams constantly, where we sit talking and playing and doing crazy things. Waking, he always has the most uncanny look of understanding on his face when I talk to him and I talk to him constantly. Give him a treat, he says, "yum yum". He is in me and I, in him. He and I are truly one thing.

He is my light, my guide, my reason and my touchstone. I'm so grateful to have some notice, so that I can redouble my efforts to ensuring the best and kindest quality of life for him possible.

It's ironic that I've seen mens faces come off and their heads explode in rifle scopes, and not been bothered, Yet, any hint of hardship, or pain for Jerry leaves me in a puddle of tears.

I would simply and humbly ask that you, reading this, would just mention his name under your breath and smile for him. We don't know his time, but it will come later if a few will think fondly of him and send their thoughts.

Thank you,
    Don
    Last edited by Herf N Turf; 09-12-2013 at 04:41 PM.

Leading Puffer Fish

Re: My Treasure

I am so sorry to hear that! He looks like a sweetheart. My thoughts and prayers are with both of you. And now I am going to go home and give each of my three pups a big smooch and be thankful for them

Off to Cigar bum. com jhedrick83's Avatar

Sorry to hear of your loss Don. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. There is truly something special about the bond people develop with dogs, something irreplaceable.
    Head over to cigar bum . com for a good non profit cigar forum!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes JustinThyme's Avatar

I feel your pain brother and sorry to hear the news. I too am softer when it comes to animals who give out unconditional love in the true sense. I don't think any human is capable of such. Its just painful to think that even a dog with good health has too short of a life span. My boy is only 4 and I already have dreams of losing him and dread the day when it comes.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstein

Don, I'm sorry to hear about Jerry's health. You are both lucky to have had each other. Having that connection is something you can have in your heart forever. I will say a prayer for you both. Thank you for the eloquent reminder that time is finite and valuable. Stay strong brother.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their bed at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

May GOD give you the strength to face the road ahead!
    Prayers sent!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Prayers sent to you my good friend. I'm here for you if you need anything of course.

Ruler Of The Galaxy Emperor Zurg's Avatar

Sorry to hear that man. That blows.

Puffer Fish with many spikes tnlawyer's Avatar

Thoughts and prayers are with you. I had to put down my basset hound a few years ago. That drive to the vet was the worst 15 minutes of my life.

Dogs are proof that there is a higher power.
    A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain

Hang in there brother. It is obvious that you already know, but many years ago I was talking with someone who observed that our pets live and breathe just for our attention, acceptance and love. If you are gone, they wait for the moment you walk in the door. they wait for the moment you wake up. The purest form of unconditional love. they dont care how much money you have, how good (or bad) looking you are, what car you drive, only that you love them in return. I have never forgotten that. I hope you are able to spend many more moons with Jerry.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader fuente~fuente's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sdlaird View Post
    Hang in there brother. It is obvious that you already know, but many years ago I was talking with someone who observed that our pets live and breathe just for our attention, acceptance and love. If you are gone, they wait for the moment you walk in the door. they wait for the moment you wake up. The purest form of unconditional love. they dont care how much money you have, how good (or bad) looking you are, what car you drive, only that you love them in return. I have never forgotten that. I hope you are able to spend many more moons with Jerry.

Absolutely, Scott... Friend of mine once told me... If you want to see true love. Lock your wife & your dog in your car trunk for a few hours. When you open it, guess which one will be happy to see you!

Don, I feel your pain brother. Some of my hardest days have been coming from a Vet's office. I've always wanted a Bull Terrier. Every one I've ever met had so much personality. He's a gorgeous dog Don, I'll send one up tonight for him...
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie
    Coming at you from the Dirty Dirty...

No longer a community member.

Don,

I'm so sorry to hear that. I was fortunate enough to meet your dogs, and this guy didn't take long to warm up to me and try to become one with my lap I sincerely hope he can continue on because he is definitely one sweet pet. Prayers sent.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes JustinThyme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tnlawyer View Post
    Thoughts and prayers are with you. I had to put down my basset hound a few years ago. That drive to the vet was the worst 15 minutes of my life.

Dogs are proof that there is a higher power.
    I've only have had to one put down because he was suffering horribly and the drive to the Vet wasn't the worst part. I couldn't bear for his last minutes to be spent in a strange place all alone. I opted for him to drift off into the sleep which he would never awake from being loved on in my arms. One of the hardest things I have ever done and just thinking about it now is making my eyeballs well up.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstein

Puffer Fish with many spikes GoJohnnyGo's Avatar

Don,
    You have my deepest sympathy and believe me when I say that I understand, exactly, what you are going through. On, Monday after a pretty normal trip to the vet to have a limp looked at my dog was unexpectedly diagnosed with a very aggressive form of bone cancer (osteosarcoma). I am devastated. It takes the breath out of your lungs. It is horrible to think about your best friends demise.
    Know that I will be thinking about both of you. And don't take this the wrong way but know that it helps me to see someone else going through what I am going through any feeling the same way.
    Mr. Big: retired greyhound. Won 13 races. Best guy I know

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

Don, really sorry to hear that news. It's a hard thing to face even if you do know it's coming.
    maybe that's why I never got another dog after the last one passed.
    Thoughts are with you.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast