Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lost One of the Strongest Women I've Ever Had the Pleasure of Knowing

This is a discussion on Lost One of the Strongest Women I've Ever Had the Pleasure of Knowing within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; ...

Leading Puffer Fish

Lost One of the Strongest Women I've Ever Had the Pleasure of Knowing

My fiancé’s wonderful, darling, fire cracker grandmother just passed away last night after a 12 year battle with multiple myeloma. She was an amazing woman and the world will never be the same without her. Please keep her husband in your thoughts and prayers. I am not sure how he will be able to survive without her after 50 years of marriage.

No longer a community member.

Re: Lost One of the Strongest Women I've Ever Had the Pleasure of Knowing

Sorry to hear that Kayla. Her husband will be in my prayers. I've always thought the only downside to being married to someone for so long is the fact that one will have to precede the other in death.

Leading Puffer Fish

Thank you Tobias. I agree. Her passing is emotionally devastating for Drew and I but when I saw Robert's (her husband's) face in the hospital room last week it was filled with the worst fear I've ever seen. He is a strong, stoic man but he hugged me and wept on my shoulder. Incredibly humbling

Disinterested

Sorry for your loss, Kayla. Robert's very fortunate to have the love and support of you and Drew. Sending thoughts and good energy your way.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes JustinThyme's Avatar

Sorry to hear of your loss Kayla. I know there is no comfort to be found but the pain can be eased a bit when you realize even though her time was cut short by a horrible disease that she lived a fairly full and prosperous life.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstein

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    Sorry to hear of your loss Kayla. I know there is no comfort to be found but the pain can be eased a bit when you realize even though her time was cut short by a horrible disease that she lived a fairly full and prosperous life.
    I would say so! She was 92 years old and had one of the most adventurous lives I've ever seen. She played semi-pro basketball, was a champion ballroom dancer, and was an avid hunter (mostly alligators).

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes JustinThyme's Avatar

WOW! That is not just a fairly Full life, Thats pure awesomeness! I remember my Grandfather always telling me he was living on borrowed time. He did so for 25 years as he figured that 70 was it. He was an awesome as well and lived a very full and prosperous life.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstein

Sorry for you & your family's loss Kayla.

Keeping you all in my prayers.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Leading Puffer Fish

Thank you all for the well-wishes.

Sorry for your Loss you will be in my prayers. I is good that you guys are there for Drew's grandfather.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their bed at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Young Puffer Fish

sorry for your guys lost kayla. 92 years old and 50 years of marriage is amazing. You guys will be in my prayers.

Prayers sent ...... So sorry to hear this

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes brimy623's Avatar

My condolences!
    I may not know you, but I know your loss! I lost my Dad in February and it still hurts and there is still a void. The strongest woman I know (my Mom) is still trying to hang in there, after 51 yrs of marriage and now without her partner.
    May God (whomever you pray to) console and strengthen you and your family.
    My dime store philosophy is that we grieve & mourn for "selfish" reasons. We miss that individuals physical presence and whatever it was that they provided for us. But they are now "at rest" & "at peace". depending on your belief, they are waiting for us to join them in a place of true peace.
    May God bless you & your family.
    Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail!!!

Puffer Fish with many spikes Nature's Avatar

Prayers for you all, Kayla.
    It is times like these that we are often reminded of our own frailties.
    Prayers of strength and comfort for you and Drew's family.

Oh....... Kayala... I too am saddened to hear that she has passed on. What a huge and irreparable loss...

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any consolation that we can offer Robert that will ease his pain.
    It seems that all we can do is to stand with him, hold him upright and grieve with him... and love him while we can.

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Respectfully, Phil
    Dafiddla
    "What Could be Finer, than a Spanish Cedar Liner?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast