Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

my baby niece

This is a discussion on my baby niece within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Baby Faye Annabelle update from my Brother: "We finally made it down to the LA Children's Hospital and can finally ...

Re: my baby niece

Baby Faye Annabelle update from my Brother:

"We finally made it down to the LA Children's Hospital and can finally give everyone another update. She is doing much much better than what we saw last night. Despite being on a cooling blanket, her color looks much better. She is a moose for sure, defiantly takes after her daddy in that aspect.

All her vitals are great, she is breathing just fine. Infact the only reason for the breathing tube is to remove the excess Co2 from her lungs. She has been peeing alot, another trait from her father, which is a sign that the kidneys are working as intended. As we sat down with her she opened her eyes at us and again reacted to the light. Shes getting her nutrients and all that business.

Overnight she did have a 10min seizure followed by a shorter one in the morning but they have her on meds to take care of that. Her right shoulder doesn't see as much activity as the rest of her body and will be observed after the 72hrs of cooling.

Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement and prayers, please keep them up because shes fighting just like her momma"

I want to personally thank all of you great B/SOTL for all of the prayers, thoughts, and kind words.

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

The prayers will continue!

Another Update from my brother:

"Faye Annabelle kicked night number two's a$$. No more seizure activity. They opted to leave the breathing tube in until tomorrow night when they will do an MRI to see where she stands. We made it to the hospital for rounds and the doctors were saying that they are seeing activity in her right arm.

She stretched her neck during the birth from the shoulder dystortia which is why we have seen the lack of movement in her right arm and also her right diaphragm is elevated because of possible nerve damage. The doctors said that with the recent activity in her arm that it is possible that she just pinched a nerve and it is slowly healing. As we came in she raised her right arm up high, so we are seeing improvement.

Tomorrow around 4pm she will have an MRI performed during cooling to compare with the post-warming MRI. 8pm tomorrow she will begin warming and we will begin to get an idea of what we are dealing with. Shes doing great, Ashlea and I cant wait to hold her.

Again, thank you for the words and prayers. Please keep them up as she continues this fight."

Man I can't wait to hold, squeeze, and spoil this little angel. Thanks again guys

I thought I was going to smoke a Padron 40th hat I got for her birth but I guess I need to track down my first Opus X or get an Padron 80th for when she comes home.

Glad to hear she's a fighter!

I will keep her in my prayers.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Leading Puffer Fish

Jonathan, my prayers have been sent for your niece and all of your family. I am also saying a prayer for the doctors and nurses who are taking great care to help God perform his miracles.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Dagesh's Avatar

Thanks for the update. Still praying.

Another update from my Brother

"Faye Annabelle Day Three:

This morning I woke up shaking because I wanted to see her but now were here and all is well. Vital's still strong, overnight the only thing we saw was some blood in the urine. Urinalysis test's came back that her kidneys were working as intended so its safe to assume that the blood was irritation from the catheter, its back to yellow as I write this.
    They will be replacing lines today as they prepare her for transport across the hospital at 4:15PM for the MRI at 4:45PM. They increased her sedation to prepare her for the MRI so she is pretty content right now. Just laying on her left side sleeping. Tonight at 8pm we enter a new phase in her treatment, she will slowly be brought back up to her normal body temperature. Its a 6-8h affair so tomorrow morning will give us a better idea of how well she is doing.

Again, thank you for your words of support and please keep up the prayers."

Great to hear, I will keep praying
    Good people sleep peaceably in their bed at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Thanks for the updates, more prayers lifted
    Dafiddla
    "What Could be Finer, than a Spanish Cedar Liner?"

Thanks again guys. They will start bringing her up to temperature in the next few hours. As soon as that is done we will have some answers as to the extent of damage if any (god willing ) she is a fighter and she already is proving to be my brothers child with a mullet plus she is a moose weighing in at 9.11 LBS

In case any of you guys are curious here is what they are doing:
    Hypothermia Cure for Babies: Cooling Infants to Battle Brain Damage - WSJ.com

Puffer Fish with many spikes BlueDevil07's Avatar

Good news!
    "Talk low, talk slow, and don't talk too much." - John Wayne

No longer a community member.

Excellent updates! Hopefully this upward trajectory will continue.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Dagesh's Avatar

Thank you for the update. We continue to pray.

Thanks again guys.

Small update.

She was heated up last night and making good progress. Just waiting to hear more.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast