Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

my baby niece

This is a discussion on my baby niece within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Prayers are still with you and your family!...

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Re: my baby niece

Prayers are still with you and your family!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Good is coming! God had made it clear he wants this little one in your lives. Still praying for normal brain function and great health.
    A little help is better than a lot of pity -Celtic Proverb
    Tweet me @mad_bricky FB http://www.facebook.com/mad.bricky

Okay everyone things are starting to look better and better with every hour that passes. I have been away from Puff all weekend but here is a quick update. The power of prayer is really showing through on my baby niece. yesterday she was completely weened off of the pain meds and was extubated in the early afternoon. she is making fast progress but we are not out of the woods yet. She still needs to undergo another MRI for a comparison to the MRI they took while she was being cooled and they have yet to be able to preform a spinal tap because they have not been able to get her into position. with all of that said. For the first time since she was born (128 hours) My brother and his wife have finally been able to not only change her diaper but they have gotten to hold her. I cannot even imagine how they feel now but i will quote my brother "Never been so excited to change a diaper, I'm sure it's going to lose its fun eventually." They are in good spirits but we still do not have a time frame for her homecoming (after all of this I am trading in the Padron 64's I had originally bought for her birth for a few Padron 80th anniversaries or if i can find them in town some OpusX for when she comes home LoL)

Awesome news brother I will continue to pray for her and the family
    Good people sleep peaceably in their bed at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

That's excellent news!

Still praying for continued recovery & blessings.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Thanks again guys. today they should be having a meeting with a neurologist to discuss some things. I am very optimistic. They said there was only one spot in the MRI that needs to be monitored but after the meeting they will know more. (the usual C.Y.A. of hospitals I am sure) but she is doing great. My brother kinda had a scare while holding her. I guess he accidentally pulled off a tube while holding her. It wasn't a big deal at all but I could only imagine how much it would have scared me if I was in his shoes.

Trust Me, I'm Not Lion SeanTheEvans's Avatar

Glad to hear a positive update!
    I <3 Cigars

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

sent, hope things keep getting better.

another update from my brother:

"she is Rockin' her little bow today over her IV, hopefully the IV can be removed this afternoon after the lumbar puncture results come back. Shes a grumpy guss this morning but has taken well to her pacifier which calms her down quite quickly.

Neurologist finally met with us, what they do know as of right now is that there was a stroke in the rear left portion of the brain which will effect vision. This will effect her peripheral vision but it is possible other parts of the brain will help out as needed. It is still too early to tell what other kind of brain damage, if any has occurred. More MRIs as she gets older will give us a better idea.

Today she will start feeding via the orange tube into her stomach. As they wean off the Nasal CPAP/IMV she will be able to bottle feed and eventually feed naturally. We cant thank you all enough for all the love and support, please continue as Faye has several milestones to pass before she can go home with us."

This is all great news. I just cant say it enough, guys thanks for all of the prayers. she is a little trooper.

Puffer Fish with many spikes BlueDevil07's Avatar

Keep the good news coming! The body has an extraordinary ability to heal itself.
    "Talk low, talk slow, and don't talk too much." - John Wayne

Puffer Fish with some spikes Dagesh's Avatar

Did you know that Faye means faith?

We prayed for her in church.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagesh View Post
    Did you know that Faye means faith?

We prayed for her in church.
    I didn't know that until she started making all of this progress and our family started nicknaming her Faith because of that fact. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil07 View Post
    Keep the good news coming! The body has an extraordinary ability to heal itself.
    I am astonished with how well her body is healing thanks to modern medicine, and all of the pryers.

Awesome news Jonathan I will keep up the prayers
    Good people sleep peaceably in their bed at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Got another small update via my brother.

"Not a whole lot to report on, just waiting for them to wean her off the nasal CPAP over the next day or two. She is all swaddled up with her binkie, luvie toy and music box. Sometime today they will run an EEG to check her brain waves. She is feeding every three hours via a tube running down to her stomach. After the CPAP is removed she will begin bottle feeding.

Still waiting on a timeline from the doctors on when she gets to come home, Ashlea and I cant hardly wait until we can take her home with us. For now please keep up the support, thank you."

I was finally able to talk to my brother on the phone last night for about an hour. They are in good spirits and he says the hospital is amazing. Each baby has One nurse dedicated to only one baby at a time. "

As an extra little bonus because right now Jacob and his wife only have one vehicle because he laid down his Harley a couple months ago... @Keeper01 (a great BOTL) and I are going to get his bike up and running again for him so he will have transportation to work.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast