Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lost my brother yesterday

This is a discussion on Lost my brother yesterday within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; My older brother passed away yesterday at the age of 62. He had been in the hospital for the last ...

Leading Puffer Fish

Lost my brother yesterday

My older brother passed away yesterday at the age of 62. He had been in the hospital for the last 3 weeks battling a lung infection. He had been improving and had been walking short distances down the hallways trying to build up his strength. I saw his lung trays taken on March 27th and he lungs were almost 100% clear. Xrays on the 31st showed a little cloudiness returning, April 1st showed massive infection in both lungs and at 4:52pm on the 2nd he passed. David never married nor had children. He was 20 months older than me and growing up always protected his little brother.

I am getting ready to head to the funeral home to make arrangements this morning. All 3 of my kids and 8 grandkids are in town and will spend the day with them. Anyway, I am rambling, just needed talk a bit this morning. Prayers appreciated.

No longer a community member.

Re: Lost my brother yesterday

I'm so sorry to hear that , Steve! Know that you will be in the prayers of my household in the coming days.

Full grown Puffer Fish Ricardo-'s Avatar

Sorry to hear that. So young. Prayers sent.

I am deeply sorry for your lost Steve.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

May GOD have mercy on his soul and bless you with the strength to carry on!
    R.I.P AMEN!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

Very sorry to hear that.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

Scotch & Cigars

sorry for your loss, thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Full grown Puffer Fish Regiampiero's Avatar

Sorry for your loss brother. Its always a shame when they go this young, but hopefully he's in a better place right now.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish raycarlo's Avatar

Sorry for your loss, may your memories bring you comfort.

Alpha Puffer Fish Cigar-Enthusiast's Avatar

Sorry for your loss and may he rest in peace. I will add him and your family in my prayers.

@Old Smokey Steve, words escape me that could bring you great comfort. I can only say older brother is absent from here but in the arms of the Lord watching over you, waiting for the day you will be reunited. My prayers that you are surrounded with the love and comfort from your family. God bless you all. Craig
    A little help is better than a lot of pity -Celtic Proverb
    Tweet me @mad_bricky FB http://www.facebook.com/mad.bricky

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes brimy623's Avatar

My condolences!

I'm at a loss for words!

I will add you & your family to my prayers.
    Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail!!!

I dont know what to say to bring you relief or peace but you can rest assured that he is no longer suffering. I think that despite the fact he had no children, it is obvious that he has plenty of love with you and your children and grandchildren and that he knows you had his back all the way to the end. God has him under his wing now, he is no longer in any pain.

I remember when 62 seemed as old as the hills and as I start to edge closer to it I realize how young it really is and far too young to lose someone you love. My condolences to you and your family.

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

My family, and others in my household, will be praying for you, yer brother, and yer family.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast