Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

What Do You Say To Anti-Cigar People?

This is a discussion on What Do You Say To Anti-Cigar People? within the Tobacco Legislation forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Originally Posted by izkeh My experience is that I get more crap from cigarette smokers than I do from non-smokers. ...

Full grown Puffer Fish ColdSmoker's Avatar

Re: What Do You Say To Anti-Cigar People?

Quote Originally Posted by izkeh View Post
    My experience is that I get more crap from cigarette smokers than I do from non-smokers. I swear, more non-smokers either say, "those smell good" or "reminds me of my dad/grandpa/uncle" than say "those stink". But the damn cigarette smokers that complain come in two flavors of a-hole:
    1. While puffing on their acrid, rancid cigarette they mutter nonsense about how bad cigars stink, or, and more insidious,
    2. Ask me to put out my cigar WHILE they are puffing on their cigarette. I swear to Christ I can't count how many times that's happened to me back when MI used to allow smoking in bars. Two examples - The sea hag wife of a bar owner had a Virginia Slim 1000000mm or whatever those ungainly things are hanging from her pursed lips and put her arms around my friend and I who were smoking cigars in the bar (we got permission from the owner himself) and said, "Can you guys please put those out?" We were flabbergasted.

The second instance of this was a bar where EVERYONE was smoking cigarettes and the owner was at the bar smoking a cigar I gave him when this dumb beeeatch came over from the table where she and her 4 other friends were ALL smoking cigarettes and asked if, "I could put that stinky thing out." I responded with "When the owner of the bar comes over and asks me to put out my cigar I will." As I swung around and pointed out the big, fat Greek guy sitting at the corner of the bar smoking a cigar (again, that I had just given him) I proceeded to tell her, "That's him. The big guy smoking the cigar." She left in a huff and I believe that my cigar tasted ten times better after that.
    I tell those filthy cigarette smokers this:

Puffer Fish with some spikes paulb1970's Avatar

I so agree with you!!!!.....I'm on my deck right now and at the same time located near 3 awesome smoking lounges all within 2 miles in either direction...

Quote Originally Posted by irie View Post
    this thread make me appreciate my big back yard and B&M with a badass lounge only a few minutes away.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote Originally Posted by paulb1970 View Post
    I so agree with you!!!!.....I'm on my deck right now and at the same time located near 3 awesome smoking lounges all within 2 miles in either direction...
    You evil bastards!

Man I wish I had a lounge nearby! Even when I smoke in the backyard (a big one too) I get comments from the neighbours like "Clinton got in trouble for that" and "you know, it's like burning money" all with a nervous smile. I smoke late at night when there's no kids around just because I know it's disturbing for people who want to show "the right thing to do". I offer sticks to my neighbours who take the time to come talk to me and try to change their mind that way.

Winter is coming ... Will have to take an unwanted break I guess...

Puffer Fish with some spikes

"Burning money? Maan, your drive to work must burn down the entire money forest. [name of neighbour here] got in trouble with the [forest service] for that."

Seriously man, stop being a softie. Be polite, kind, yet firm. No need to take all that defecation and feel bad about it.

Philosopher Extraordinai Gigmaster's Avatar

I only smoke cigars and pipes where I know it is OK to do so. So if someone begins the anti-smoking, or anti-cigar/pipe routine, they are invading MY territory. Nonetheless, I usually just politely say, "Bite me......", and blow a few puffs their way to drive the message home.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14