Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

What Do You Say To Anti-Cigar People?

This is a discussion on What Do You Say To Anti-Cigar People? within the Tobacco Legislation forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; I have rarely gotten any grief about my cigars. In fact, only one off the top of my head was ...

Leading Puffer Fish

Re: What Do You Say To Anti-Cigar People?

I have rarely gotten any grief about my cigars. In fact, only one off the top of my head was when I was sitting outside on a bar's patio having a smoke, and a couple moved tables "to get some actual air", which they said staring daggers at my wife and I. The funny thing is that EVERYONE else on the patio were smoking cigarettes, so I just laughed it off. You cannot smoke indoors at a public place in this state anymore (with like 1 exception), so bar patios have become the smoking section, so they could go inside and breath all the clean air they want.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

I agree with a lot of whats been said. I don't feel the need to explain my cigars or why I smoke them. It's my business and none of theirs so I don't defend what I do.
    If they still insist on being a craphole I just tell them go home and slap your mother because she gave birth to a rude and inconsiderate baby. Now get out of my life!!
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

King of All Puffer Fish KcJason1's Avatar

My favorites when a cigarette smokes says they stink.. I laugh and say it smells better than a cigarette.. How's your chemical stick? At least a cigar is not riddled with Chemicals and is fine tobacco!
    If you have to ask, It's probably fake!

I generally just ignore them. Do your fake cough and try to elicit a response. I'll go right on ignoring you. Hasn't happened in a while though. Only really smoke in my apartment or outside. Still, even sitting on my 2nd floor balcony I get "ew that's gross" from girls. And the 8 shots you take in an hour then throw up aren't?

ZK Master of Shenanigans kozzman555's Avatar

I tell them that the American Medical Association (AMA) says that 1-2 cigars a day has a negligible health risk (1.06 on a scale of 1-100) because it does not have any of the carcinogens that are added to cigarettes. If they have a problem with that, they can sit somewhere else.
    "Your Grandmother was a whore" - Ron Stacy

LOB Mother of Staxed priorwomanmarine's Avatar

Kiss my ash?

I usually dont have a problem with people complaining about my smoking because most of my smoking is done in my truck, and also i usually look like someone that doesnt want to be reprimanded on my life choices.

If anyone ever brings up health issues, i would simply ask if they sincerely care so much about a total stranger. If it about 2nd hand smoke, then i have been getting 1st hand smoke for 30 years...you dont see me coughing do ya?

For all the folks that like to rag on cigarettes, please knock it off. This is often a tactic of our enemy (anti tobacco fanatics), to divide & conquer. What do you think is going to happen to cigars if cigarettes are banned? Cigars will be banned 10 minutes later! Anti tobacco fanatics do not differentiate between one type of tobacco or another...why should you??
    Not picking on anyone at all - just saying that we are all in the fight together against a runaway out of control government.
    Last edited by ejgarnut; 12-04-2011 at 09:48 PM.

So anti-tobacco fanatics don't differentiate between cigars and cigarettes, but they use divide and conquer? Um...hang on; let me see if I can wrap my head around that...
    ********.com

Nothing.

I am busy puffing on my cigar.
    A lot of problems in the world can be solved if everyone takes the time to relax and have a cigar.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Andrewdk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wildone View Post
    + 1.... with Gahdzila.....We all have political impacts positve or negative on how we represent our interests

I'm an extremely courteous smoker in public (or try to be, at any rate), and do my best to smoke in well ventilated areas, or outside if possible, or near an open window indoors, away from the crowd,and I to not blow smoke in non-smokers' direction, etc. Personally, I think it's best for our hobby for us to try and not offend others with our smoke if at all possible. So maybe when an election comes up about banning smoking in bars or something - someone who has been around me won't be thinking about some douchebag that blew stinky smoke in their face, hopefully they'll remember that gentleman who said "sorry" and did his best to blow his smoke in the other direction
    While I loathe the anti tobacco movement I honestly really agree with this statement.
    Just because non smokers wanna be rude about our hobby why stoop to their level. However there are some people who are right pricks and do need to be told now and then. I tend to do most of my smoking at home so don't have to deal with Joe Public about it very often.
    The land of milk and honey, a safe haven and the last bastion of freedom - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/andrewdk

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    So anti-tobacco fanatics don't differentiate between cigars and cigarettes, but they use divide and conquer? Um...hang on; let me see if I can wrap my head around that...
    Its a very effective & proven tactic. Just ask all the shotgun owners in England how well it works.

And if I may add to my previous mini-rant, we have to stop pointing our fingers and saying "Look at what hes doing, its much worse than what Im doing", it doesnt matter if it smoking cigarettes, eating a big mac, drinking a gallon of soda, or putting a pound of salt on their meal. If we do any finger pointing at all, it should be pointing at the government & telling them to stop eliminating our freedom, get off our backs, and keep their damned hands out of our pocket!!
    Last edited by ejgarnut; 12-05-2011 at 11:05 AM.

Midlife crises Puffer mcgreggor57's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by priorwomanmarine View Post
    Kiss my ash?
    LOL
    Tobacco Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/mcgreggor57
    Never trust a woman's tears or a dog's limp.

I have yet to find anyone in the last 10 years anyway that had anything bad to say about my cigar smoking. Sure about 10 years ago I had someone say wow that is really Strong can't you smoke somewhere else? I was like pardon me but this is a smoking area and I was here first sorry if you don't like the smell but there is a whole enclosed bar where you can take in peoples Cig smoke inside. About a week ago while smoking with my son a man drove by and the smoke was staying low that day and seen the guy look over at us, Looked like he was looking to back up when another car came behind him and then he just took off, My son was like I think that man was going to say something to us, I was like na we are outside and shouldn't be bothering anyone. Just as I finished what I was saying here he was, he gets out and was like I see you 2 smoking outside a lot and can smell your cigars sometimes, Da$# I miss a good Cigar. I was like if you have time would be more then happy to share from the few I have. He was like tempting but shouldn't, said he stopped smoking for his wife. We talked for about 10 min and he went on his way. Other then that we get loads of people that look at us a few people that say they like the smell, when I offer them one they say "thanks but don't smoke." I don't think you should have much issue. If so then your somewhere I never want to be. I can't stand rude people.

James
    For the Love of (__[@}___Cigars__}}}}}
    "I didn't play at collecting. No cigar anywhere was safe from me."~E G R

I don't say much to them, we have little to talk about.

Student of the Stogie Pianoman178's Avatar

*steps on soap-box*

Anti-cigar people are the same as anti-gun or anti-anything people. They are anti-rights. Whether they like cigars or not is their personal preference, but when they start mandating certain behaviors it becomes a problem.

If people say they don't like it, then I'll do my best not to bother them with it. But I'm not going to change my behavior entirely because of them.

*soap-box removal*

my two nubs
    "It felt like kicking a puppy, but then you felt okay again because the puppy was acting like an asshole." - David_ESM

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast