Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

What Do You Say To Anti-Cigar People?

This is a discussion on What Do You Say To Anti-Cigar People? within the Tobacco Legislation forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Thanks everyone! Great replies. One point that was touched on that I think is really important is realizing that when ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes LLave's Avatar

Re: What Do You Say To Anti-Cigar People?

Thanks everyone! Great replies. One point that was touched on that I think is really important is realizing that when you have a cigar in public you are, in a way, representing our hobby. It befits everyone of us to be courteous and tactful with out cigars. Interest and positive can only do good.

Alpha Puffer Fish Damselnotindistress's Avatar

1) Don't really have to. I smoke in my own domicile and everyone around me adjusts. Primarily get compliments about the smoke's aromas. Only once did I get a sheepish comment about a Perfecto Garcia brand being smoked and that it was the one cigar they smelled that actually stunk!

2) If it was a case of back-to-back banter, all one has to do is point out how active and regular cigar smokers Milton Berle, George Burns (who smoked 20 CHEAP cigars everyday), Zino Davidoff, and endless other names survived into their late '80's, early '90's, and even 100 years of age!

Point out to them something Redd Foxx once said, "People don't drink. Don't smoke. Don't eat pork. No biscuits, no gravy with onions in it...because they wanna live - you're gonna feel like a damn fool laying in the hospital dyin' from NOTHIN'!"

Full grown Puffer Fish Strickland's Avatar

I would put it out, but that wouldn't be fair to all the other people I've already told to **** off...
    Mah blog! -->

I try to be a courteous smoker,
    but if that ain't enough...I just give em my card.
    THE RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH!

Quote Originally Posted by Damselnotindistress View Post
    1)
    Point out to them something Redd Foxx once said, "People don't drink. Don't smoke. Don't eat pork. No biscuits, no gravy with onions in it...because they wanna live - you're gonna feel like a damn fool laying in the hospital dyin' from NOTHIN'!"
    I love it! This is a perfect example of why you should enjoy this hobby and enjoy it profusely. The time out alone will save you a possible heart attack in this crazy world.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Chest Beating Pack Leader [OT] Loki's Avatar

I don't say anything and there's no reason to. if the smell of my smoke offends you, move.

Quote Originally Posted by [OT] Loki View Post
    I don't say anything and there's no reason to. if the smell of my smoke offends you, move.
    Exactly!
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Chest Beating Pack Leader [OT] Loki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LLave View Post
    Thanks everyone! Great replies. One point that was touched on that I think is really important is realizing that when you have a cigar in public you are, in a way, representing our hobby. It befits everyone of us to be courteous and tactful with out cigars. Interest and positive can only do good.
    oh great, here comes the you're going to ruin it for everyone crowd

Newbie in the ocean

What you ought to say is "My girlfriend/wife finds my habit revolting, too. It gives me bad breath, and makes my clothes stink. Please go take care of my woman for me, because she finds me revolting.... But alas, I can't top making love to this weed that tastes like crap". That way everyone is happy

I just ignore them.
    Puff.com Writer
    http://www.puff.com/

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enrique1780 View Post
    I just ignore them.
    THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why answer a troll just go about your business!
    Enjoy your life as you see fit!
    While their heart turns black full of rot!
    For what they do not understand they dislike!
    This is actually a primitive instinct of man!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Puffer Fish with many spikes lebz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBrooklyn View Post
    THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why answer a troll just go about your business!
    Enjoy your life as you see fit!
    While their heart turns black full of rot!
    For what they do not understand they dislike!
    This is actually a primitive instinct of man!
    Golden!! For the Win
    Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar. ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by mscyclone View Post
    What you ought to say is "My girlfriend/wife finds my habit revolting, too. It gives me bad breath, and makes my clothes stink. Please go take care of my woman for me, because she finds me revolting.... But alas, I can't top making love to this weed that tastes like crap". That way everyone is happy
    WOW! Is someone jealous?!?!? Did you seriously join a cigar enthusiast forum just to post this?

Quote Originally Posted by gahdzila View Post
    WOW! Is someone jealous?!?!? Did you seriously join a cigar enthusiast forum just to post this?
    Someone seems very bitter about cigar smoking. She should just tell her husband to brush, rinse and repeat.

He also could just say "sorry I'm not sorry honey."

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by Enrique1780 View Post
    I just ignore them.
    Yeah good point, But though I seldom have anyone say anything it is a good time to have a little laugh at them, I see them in person as cowardly little people who are like the internet tough guy's, so yes it's a little fun putting them in their place. I have never seen any do anything but huff off LOL sorry they are Trolls yes but still my mischievous side has fun with em

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast