Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

What Do You Say To Anti-Cigar People?

This is a discussion on What Do You Say To Anti-Cigar People? within the Tobacco Legislation forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Originally Posted by Tashaz OK. Your point has been acknowledged. I shall now wander off to bed being that it ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes BrunoBlack's Avatar

Re: What Do You Say To Anti-Cigar People?

Quote Originally Posted by Tashaz View Post
    OK. Your point has been acknowledged. I shall now wander off to bed being that it is late here & I cannot be bothered thinking anymore. Thankyou for putting your points forward & I shall keep them in mind when I next think on the worldwide fight that ALL tobacco partakers face against the onslaught from those that think we are the devil incarnate, et al.
    Lol you reminded me of the old priest from when I was younger. He said 'The world will always need the devil incarnate, to keep us all on our toes'

So maybe we are useful after all

Quote Originally Posted by BrunoBlack View Post
    Lol you reminded me of the old priest from when I was younger. He said 'The world will always need the devil incarnate, to keep us all on our toes'

So maybe we are useful after all
    Oh my, you had him too? Well I'll be damned!.....oops, to late.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by LongHaul907 View Post
    I was stunned the other day when an old man walked by smoking a cigarette and asked me to smoke my cigar elsewhere.
    All i could muster was "uh"...."wtf".... then i shook it off. As i think of it now i should have said. " Your nasty cigarette smells far worse than this Rocky Patel!"
    I wouldda just laughed loudly without saying a word.
    THE RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
    I wouldda just laughed loudly without saying a word.
    Hey hermit, long time no see, and I agree with your response.

Puffer Fish with some spikes ATCarp's Avatar

So, I know that this thread is old, and i don't mean to dig it back up but this thread is great! I clicked on this thread to see what it was all about and i ended up reading EVERY single post. You guys crack me up- I love this site and this community! Keep on smoking, guys!

I don't say anything to them, I usually just give them the stink eye and go back to enjoying my cigar.
    No need wasting my breath on people who are inconsiderate of others and their enjoyments.

At my age, I deserve to enjoy what I do. I ignore the funny looks. Now, if some one goes out of their way to bust my balls over a cigar (or anything else I enjoy), I say something like "If you do not like what I am doing, get the ef away from me"
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

The moose never complain, and my echos are unheard even on vherf LOL
    The Krazy Kanuck

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

I think the real question is, who is being inconsiderate?

If you go somewhere secluded, or somewhere off the beaten bath, and someone else shows up and stays and then is bothered, that's kinda on them. But if you go to a public park, and there's a nearby family trying to enjoy their afternoon, I think it's probably inconsiderate to light up there without asking first. It's all about common courtesy.

We get caught up in wanting to get whats ours "by rights", but often times we should allow our rights to be trumped by the golden rule. We wouldn't want someone showing up where we were enjoying ourselves and blowing a bunch of exhaust fumes in the area, so we ought not do the same thing to others.
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

I Dunno you know i grew up in a time when people smoked everywhere even the hospital. I remember my father R.I.P. pacing before my baby sister Maria was born.
    "Damn i need a cigarette" But Dad you gave em up "Yeah i know what timing" People smoked in restaurants Church Hell there was not a spot you could not smoke. Then came the liberal movement forcing those to abide for the greater good of all mankind. Is the world a better place for it when we are told what to eat drink not smoke. Telling parents not to discipline their children and such. It took many decades for the gradual decline of these freedoms to occur. What freedoms we did get out of it all a society that could care less about his fellow man.

Love thy neighbor what ever happened to that. Its not about politics Religion or such. Its about being a Human being in the complete sense IMHO!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

No longer a community member.

Well Said Tony and Derek!

Thanks Bro!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

I like the I am grown I can do what I want.... Haha

but or real those that judge forget we are all grown and we can choose do do what we feel.... Not saying blow a huge cloud of smoke in their face but I assume we all don't just light up and smoke out a room.

But come on...if my kid needs their reset button hit then so be it....in my own home or in a store it will be reset. I truly believe that our wonderful country has become a little find a "softer" way of handling things... I am not that old but when I was a kid everyone didn't get a trophy and kids got cut from teams...bands..things of that sort. No body died from being cut or disappointed they didn't win. It is life. Sometimes you are the windshield sometimes the bug.

But we are all from that time so if they don't like it they have the right to walk away just like we have the right to smoke.

WELL SAID!
    Love the avatar they get better and better!
    Check your P.M's!
    Jimi Hendrix

I don't say anything to anti cigar people, I try to not associate with them. If I run into one, I usually walk away. If I have to deal with them, I try not to blow smoke in their face...
    Being willing is not enough, we must do. - Leonardo da Vinci.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast